Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SIP client integrated with iPhone dialer?

Default SIP client integrated with iPhone dialer?
    Hi Folks,

I live in central america (hence phone gv extension doesn't work so well for me) and am looking for a SIP app/extension that integrates with the iPhone phone dialer in a way similar to how Phone GV Extension does. That is, I'd like it to maintain a persistent connection, and when I dial a number, give me a choice of using local carrier or SIP.

It probably doesn't exist, but thought I'd ask!

Thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to luckycharms For This Useful Post:

asafmoraz (2011-09-24)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luckycharms View Post
    Hi Folks,

I live in central america (hence phone gv extension doesn't work so well for me) and am looking for a SIP app/extension that integrates with the iPhone phone dialer in a way similar to how Phone GV Extension does. That is, I'd like it to maintain a persistent connection, and when I dial a number, give me a choice of using local carrier or SIP.

It probably doesn't exist, but thought I'd ask!

Thanks!
    Hello there.

What you are asking is exactly what i want, this is actualy my dream for now
    I'm running my calls through a popular sip provider in my country and looking forward for a tweak like that.
    right now, the only thing i saw is that Phone GV Extension from Cydia.

I actually can't understand why apple doesn't integrate sip ability into the iOS.
    There is another thing:

While we talk on Skype/Viber/Tango/Fring or any other voip service execpt: FaceTime, while a gsm call appear, we just beeing sucked into the gsm call, that's not right and not fair.