Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nes/snes emulators for iPhone/ipad

Default Nes/snes emulators for iPhone/ipad
    I am trying to figure out which packages to get to so that I can play snes and nes games on my ipad using my iPhone as a controller. There are like 10 in cydia, help a brother out.

Some of the packages aren't actually emulators- they are themes, ringtones and other fluff.

These ones are emulators, and any of them will probably do most of what you want:

isnes
    snes9x
    snes-ad
    snes4iphone
    nes4iphone

I'd recommend snes9x, because its the only one of the bunch that's derived from GPLed code which actually honors the GPL instead of lying, cheating, and stealing its way through the whole development cycle,
    but it may be worth your while to try a few of them and see which one suits (or does not) your needs.

Unfortunately, all of these are generic iPhone / iPad emulators.

There was an ipad-specific app called "SNES HD" that used the dual-controller system that you describe,
    but it seems to have vanished into thin air. The developer's home page (the only known Cydia repository) has gone poof,
    and nobody else seems to have picked it up for mirroring.

Sad state of affairs, I'm afraid.

I just got snes hd on my iPad and controlpad on my iPhone and it works perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    I just got snes hd on my iPad and controlpad on my iPhone and it works perfectly
    glad to hear!