Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick Wifi Toggle

Default Quick Wifi Toggle
    Not sure if there is one out there already but I could use a simple wifi toggle switch to switch between wifi and 3G (and maybe even edge or 4g when it's out).

If you're like me, you've launched an app and then realize you don't have wifi turned on or the wifi connection isn't strong enough so you need to go back to the springboard, open up the settings, go into the wifi settings and switch it on/off and go launch the app again which can be a hassle.

I'm looking for a quick way to switch the wifi connection on and off by simply tapping or holding down on the wifi/3G/E icon (at the top between the carrier name and clock) and that will toggle it on/off (or quickly pull out a menu to turn it on/off without leaving the current running app)

If there's already an app like this out there, please point me in that direction

Thanks

Install SBSettings. It by default uses a swipe in the status bar to show. It was a wifi on/off toggle. It is accessible in almost every app. I've used it for years. I also use the Bluetooth, Brightness, Processes, VPN, SpringFlash (turn your iPhone 4's light on/off), HotSpot and Airplane toggles.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Scoops98 For This Useful Post:

ensigma (2011-06-28)

Thanks
    WiFi toggle comes standard with one app that once you use it, you will love it - SBSettings.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to woodduck For This Useful Post:

ensigma (2011-06-28)

Thanks guys, didn't realize SBSettings could do that. Downloading now

Hi. If you jailbroke and don't yet have SBSettings O-o You can download Homescreen Settings which allows you to set as many sections of the native Settings app on your springboard. I actually have it as a means to have the Wi-Fi switch and the silent/vibrate switch in the dock. The dock's not accessible in-app, though. Unlike SBSettings. Another issue is that (on IOS 4.3.3 at least), it's not easy skinning the ugly icons for Homescreen Settings buttons.