Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: hack to use ipad camera connection kit on iphone/itouch

Question hack to use ipad camera connection kit on iphone/itouch
    does anyone know if it would be possible to use the ipad camera connection kit with the iphone, by that i mean physically plug the adapters into the iphone (not plug them into the ipad and get photos off of an iphone/itouch, because i know that can already be done) and if this is possible would you be able to do everything you can do on the ipad on the iphone/itouch?

thanks,
    sean

Default Please hack the camera connection kit
    I would be interested in finding out how to change the new power restrictions apple has placed in iOS 4.2.1. I can't use my flash drive anymore because Apple has dropped the power draw from the iPad to 20ma output. It used to be the iPad would power devices up to 100ma. So I bought a 32gb SDHC card and it does the trick. But I would love to be able to power and read/write my 250gb external hard drive or some speakers with my iPad! I've scoured the 4.2.1 system files but I can't seem to find anywhere to change the power value. Hopefully someone can hack the CC Kit the same way they have hacked the Kinect. Maybe use a USB sniffer to find what file/code to edit! Who knows, I just think that if someone can hack the CC Kit it will open up a new backdoor for jailbreaking or other great stuff that apple doesn't want us todo. Thanks to the community and the Devs that make this scene what it is! PLEASE SOMEONE HACK THE CAMERA CONNECTION KIT!

Its going to be possible in iOS 5!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e8xzqEZr5g

(as long as apple doesnt take it out in the official public release of the OS)

ok.
    this is the first "feature" of iOS5 that I actually care about.
    It looks like I might actually have a reason to upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    ok.
    this is the first "feature" of iOS5 that I actually care about.
    It looks like I might actually have a reason to upgrade
    Lolololololololol, right??

Quote Originally Posted by swalker133 View Post
    Lolololololololol, right??
    No, actually I'm dead serious.
    I relate to the iPod/iPhone as a semi-crippled micro-sized general purpose computer.
    Access to the USB bus makes it less crippled.

Drivers to support new hardware are obviously going to be complicated, but there's a lot of code out there.
    Last edited by raduga; 2011-08-10 at 07:44 PM.