Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball App

Default Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball App
    Ok, so I have no programming ability, otherwise I'd spend every waking second I have until this is done to do it myself. Here's the idea, and I realize it's a "niche" app, but oh well:

I've drawn out what I picture the app looking like on the iphone. You'd sign into your yahoo account, then the app would know your teams and leagues. At the very top would be a "team" tab bar. There would be tabs for each of your teams. The selected team would be highlighted.

Under the team tab bar would be the "roster" tab bar. The first tab would be to change/update your roster (see the attached screenshot on how Yahoo basically uses the same system as the iphone does for moving stuff around anyway). Also on the roster tab bar would be "+" for adding players from the free agent pool, the "horizontal arrows" for making a trade, then the ">" to pull over more options such as bringing up the "Live Scoring" screen (see link on Yahoo!'s "Stat Tracker" which would fit perfectly on the iphone.)

What do you think?

My drawing:

Yahoo!'s current system of reorganizing a roster:

Stat Tracker page:
    http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo....attrackerpromo

i would kill to get a yahoo! fantasy baseball app on my iPhone.

my friend is a big fantasy basketball player, and he is ALWAYS checking his iPhone through safari for updates. it'd be great to get a program that works with this system. a lot of people would be interested in it

does anyone know if this is code-able? i'd pay for this app.

I would support this as well. If it can be done, please, someone make it so. I'll gladly donate to the cause.

this would be perfect! and not only for baseball, but other sports as well

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Y! Fan for iPhone
    I know a lot of people have been looking for a better way to access their teams from their iPhones/iPod Touches than thru the browser.

Well, there is a new iPhone app up for managing your Yahoo! Fantasysports teams in a native app. You can change your lineup, view stats, look at the standings/head-to-head matchups and more.

Y! Fan

Or search for 'Yahoo! FantasySports' in the app store.

We are looking for people to provide feedback for what else we should add to it. There's already work in progress to add message board support and transaction support.

Post your thoughts and what you would like to see added. I hope you find the app as useful as I do!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dhomick For This Useful Post:

Fsu1dolfan (2009-03-04), steaky (2009-02-22)

This is amazing....i have hoped and waited long for this app....it is here and i am in love!!!! Sporttacular has been bumped to second LOL