Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Torrent Client for os4+

Default Torrent Client for os4+
    Is there a working BitTorrent Client for os4+ on iPhone 4? I used to use dTunes on my old 3GS running os3.0 and it worked perfectly. It doesn't seem to be working anymore. Is there a fix, workaround, or new torrent client?

Ya, a way to tell if something isn't working would be to check the latest changes. Also, I don't know yet, I'm just gonna downgrade till I get my new iPod

The latest changes never mention a loss of functionality. It only lists new features.

I believe MobileTerminal compatibility was once said to be the reason it's not possible to download torrents with dTunes. I also tried a more recent beta version of Mobile Terminal, but it didn't help. I'm surprised someone hasn't created a 3rd party app that that includes all necessary framework for torrent sharing.
    If it exists, please tell me where I can buy it. If not, someone please take my idea and charge me for the software you create, too. I'll gladly pay (if it works, lol).

LOL . . . but what I was saying was at the date last edited. I looked and it was back all the way last year

Check out this client: iPad/iPhone Torrent Client - Install Instrcution
    This is safari plugin.
    To use in iOS 4.X you need to change default "Save To" location to directory writable by 'mobile' user

6. The Following User Says Thank You to t0xx1c For This Useful Post:

T0X1CAT3D (2010-11-07)

So how can I download and convert to play on my ip4

Quote Originally Posted by t0xx1c View Post
    Check out this client: iPad/iPhone Torrent Client - Install Instrcution
    This is safari plugin.
    To use in iOS 4.X you need to change default "Save To" location to directory writable by 'mobile' user
    Is this compatible with safari download plugin?

What specific directory should I set my 'save to' location? I'm using iPhone 4 iOS 4.1.

I can't get it to work. I tried downloading the torrent to var/mobile/Library/Downloads and nothing. I tried saving the torrent to the same folder and nothing.
    Last edited by adamfsu; 2010-11-09 at 12:43 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

ctorrent enhanced is a great command line torrent client
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Quote Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
    ctorrent enhanced is a great command line torrent client
    I have Ctorrent Enhanced version 3.3.2-1. I believe dTunes uses it. It doesn't work for me with iPhone 4 iOS 4.1

So, is there a way to share torrents on iOS 4.x? Am I just doing something wrong?

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

ctorrent works fine for me on 4.1. I dont know about dTunes cuz i dont use that.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Keep getting a bus error in terminal

try using ctorrent -s. It usually stops those errors
    My Devart: http://bunniesandsheep.deviantart.com/
    Ipod touch 2g, 8gb, 3.0, with qTweeter, multifl0w, SBSettings, virtual RAM, Backgrounder and all the other useful jailbreak apps.
    If you need photoshop help, pm me =]

Quote Originally Posted by T0X1CAT3D View Post
    LOL . . . but what I was saying was at the date last edited. I looked and it was back all the way last year
    Every good app turns to crap everytime a new firmware comes out. Just try ctorrent

To be honest, I don't understand how to use cTorrent on it's own. The last time I checked, cTorrent doesn't have a GUI, which i can deal with. I have mobile terminal and safari download manager. Could you please tell me a simple command to type that will initiate downloading of a torrent? It would be a great help, thanks.

I know there's a page which lists all possible cTorrent commands, but it's not that helpful to me.. It's more information than I need and gets confusing.

Simple solution. Android.

Eh, I like the iPods but I wanna try Windows Mobile

Screw Android. This is modmyi, not modmyA.

I'm still looking for an iPhone torrent client that downloads directly to the phone. I still haven't found a solution since I Started this thread 6 months ago. Now I'm running iOS 4.3.2 on iPhone 4. If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi there. There is a newer version of mobile terminal available that runs on iso 4.3.2 I have it running on my 3GS so it should be fine for you just add ( ijailbreak repo) that should sort out ur dtunes problem hope this helps

Thanks. I downloaded and installed the new mobile terminal. Used dTunes to download a torrent. Opened the "torrents" tab and tapped the torrent to prepare it, them dTunes suddenly closed (crashed?). Then I opened mobile terminal and typed the command ./gettorrent but it gave an error. Rebooted and tried again, same result. it's been a while since I've used dTunes. Am I doing something wrong? Screenshot included.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast