Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to transfer videos and photos to MAC from iPhone

Default How to transfer videos and photos to MAC from iPhone
    Hello everyone.I have many videos and photos in my iPhone and I want to transfer them to my MAC.. I know the iTunes can do it ,but it is too slow and inconvenient, is there any other method?thx in advance~

When I plugin your device normally photo from my device show. Try looking at your photos on your Mac and see is your device an selectable option.

IMacsoft iPhone to Mac Transfer itself can do it right now with a little bit of a workaround

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fulqure For This Useful Post:

yiyi001 (2011-01-05)

you can also use any photo transfer app on the iPhone and do it from there if you wish. Like ePhoto for instance.

ePhoto allows you to send as many photos as you want to yourself or anyone via e-mail. It also attaches them without any compression (you decide how much compression if you do want any).

See also: How to transfer iPhone/iPod/iPad contents to computer easily?
    Last edited by yiyi001; 2011-01-05 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulqure View Post
    IMacsoft iPhone to Mac Transfer itself can do it right now with a little bit of a workaround
    Thank you ~Fulqure,yiyi001 and Tashawn

The first sync will ASK you if you wish to merge your iPhone calendars and address book with your Mac's data.

Also, before you actually sync, you can use the "File" --> "Transfer purchases from your iPhone" command to transfer all your apps and purchased music into iTunes. You will need to activate the iTunes account on the computer (use the "Store" menu) before you can do so, though.

You can import them right in using iPhoto.
    If you've previously told iPhoto not to launch when you plug in a digital camera (which is how the iPhone camera is treated), you'll have to launch it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by yiyi001 View Post
    you can also use any photo transfer app on the iPhone and do it from there if you wish. Like ePhoto for instance.
    ePhoto allows you to send as many photos as you want to yourself or anyone via e-mail. It also attaches them without any compression (you decide how much compression if you do want any).
    See also: How to transfer iPhone/iPod/iPad contents to computer easily?
    When you sync a phone to a new computer, it won't erase your contacts, calendar, settings, etc unless you check the box in itunes to do so.

For A jailbroken iPhone I'd suggest iFile. IFile is basically an app that allows you to see the whole directory of your iPhone, so there fore you can find all your photos and videos and anything else you have stored on your device. This app also allows you to, If on the same network, to move anything from/to your computer to/from your iPhone. just open up the app, start the web server, and type the address it gives you in the address bar of any computer on the same network.

If you want the photos and videos specifically, go to (on a 3gs at least) var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE.
    In that folder is all the pics And videos you have taken. If you want to transfer everything or a select few all at once, I'd suggest going into that location, selecting all the photos/videos you want at that time, and zipping them into one file and then transfer them over to your computer, or you can just do it one by one.

It might seem lengthy, but it really isn't. Plus this has many more uses than just that. Hope you find this useful.

Also, the transferring process is pretty fast over wifi, but if you want even faster, use a wired connection. I'd suggest Mywi or PDANet for that.

Here are some screen shots of the iFile app , so you can see how it looks from the iPhone:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1313089126.603469.jpg   -imageuploadedbymodmyi1313089156.993862.jpg  
    Last edited by Gerneio; 2011-08-11 at 09:09 PM.