Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: show apps on tv screen?

Thanks

Default show apps on tv screen?
    I have the Microsoft office app, and have the composite video cables for my 3gs, was wondering if it was possible to use the composite cables to display a PowerPoint presentation on a tv, and would also give me full control of the app. there was an app called tvout which let u show apps in this manner but the screen would shut off, so I couldn't actually control the app.

You can control it, the screen just goes blank on your iphone. Watch this it will explain it.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEThQJqBu68]YouTube - How to play iphone apps on a TV[/ame]

There are a few jailbreak programs you can try, none of which I've tried myself yet (though as of tomorrow I should be able to test them all): TVout, TVout2 Mirror Out, ScreenSplitter (might be misspelled), Landscape TV Out, and Resupported.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    There are a few jailbreak programs you can try, none of which I've tried myself yet (though as of tomorrow I should be able to test them all): TVout, TVout2 Mirror Out, ScreenSplitter (might be misspelled), Landscape TV Out, and Resupported.
    Before I broke my previous blackra1ned ipt3, I used TVout mirror2. That awesome app (now compatible with ios4 and has a sbtoggle for wether to turn TVout on) can resize the idevice's video out on the TV. Not only that, but you can use mirror mode to disable the blank screen that ur having problems with.

If you have a 3rd party TVout cable, then you will not be able to output videos (and therefore ppts?) nor the content of official iOS stock apps if anything at all. If that is so, to output videos or anything at all, you can either buy resupported/resupported4, or if your FW is