Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mail App, attachement extension

Default Mail App, attachement extension
    App that adds attachments from within reply or forward message.
    Giving you the option to attach a file, a contact, a photo whatever the situation needs.

I'm new to the iphone. So far I'm loving it. The one exception is the mail.app. It doesn't allow me to attach a file if I am doing a reply or a forward of a message. I have to go and compose a new mail in order to attach a file.
    This makes me loose time if I'm replaying to people who are not in my contacts I have to manually copy each one of them to the new compose message.
    Any clues?
    Thanks for any orientation in the right direction.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

If trying to attach a picture you can hold down on the picture, press copy, then go to mail, hit reply then paste the picture in.

Wasn't there an app called file2mail that let you do this?

auffant,

The mail app will never be able to do this. It is limited to it's own sandbox. Someone would have to write a replacement mail app to do this.

S-

file2mail doen't quite do what I would want.

Winders,
    How come, I downloaded 'attachment saver' which added an extension within the mail.app, it allows the saving of files to the file system.
    Would it be possible to create something similar.
    For me coming from symbian OS is really amazing the small things that apple has close to the final user.