Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Way to disable/restrict AFC2?

Default Way to disable/restrict AFC2?
    AFC2 is a service that allows full access to a jaibroken iPhone via USB. I've never been a fan of this, since it means that basically anyone can simply plug in your iPhone and steal your data, which isn't good if you keep financial and business info on your phone (which you pretty much have to do, unless you want to buy and manage a second phone/PDA just for work).

I can do 99% of transfers using SSH (which requires a password), and if I really need to copy something over using USB, I'd rather just copy it to /var/mobile/Media/tmp and then move it to the relevant directory using iFile (which also requires a password), than to have my entire filesystem exposed via the USB interface (which requires no password for access).

Is there a way I can disable or otherwise restrict this service to not allow access to anything but /var/mobile/Media/?
    Last edited by cypherpunk; 2010-09-12 at 05:47 PM.

No one can help?

Thanks

I guess it doesn't exist...install and uninstall when necessary for now i guess

If it were that simple, I would have done it. The problem is that it's installed by the jailbreak, meaning it's not something you can disable without knowing exactly what you're doing.