Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone based app request.

Smile Phone based app request.
    G'day one and all.

I've searched the intertron for many hours now looking for an app that sadly, I don't think exists.

When I got to bed, I like most people don't like being disturbed by random drunk friends or telemarketers. Though I have two younger sisters and my job (no I'm not a workaholic I'm a paramedic.) whom may need to call me at any time during the night so I can't sleep with 'airplane mode' on.

Long story short.
    I want to know if there is an app that can stop my phone from going off (either a phone call or text) after a certain time (when I go to bed) unless it is from a number that I have selected not to ignore such as the hospital.

If it does exist please let me know!
    If it doesn't I'll support you to make it.
    Internet killed the video star.

Thanks

This is the second time i see this thread being created.... Let me dig and find out what's going on

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Doesn't iBlacklist already do this?

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    This is the second time i see this thread being created.... Let me dig and find out what's going on
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by blissfulight View Post
    Doesn't iBlacklist already do this?
    I don't want to block phone numbers, just silently ignore phone calls, push notifications and text messages from people other than family and work during certain hours.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It does what you want it to do. You simply add the numbers/SMS you want blocked to the blacklist, configure actions for those blocked calls (like sending them straight to voicemail, which happens with all unanswered calls anyway, or No Action, in which case nothing happens to the call, but you don't hear anything on your end), and everything else that isn't blacklisted gets through. It comes with a popup blocker, scheduler, action lists, history list, and many, many other options, including the ability to restrict accepted calls to your Address Book only and block unknown callers, if you're concerned about telemarketers. You can test it for free.

For everything else, turn off notifications in Settings→Notifications for individual applications, configure filters in Gmail for incoming emails (you can forward email from other email providers to take advantage of Gmail's filtering, if you don't use Gmail as your primary account), and turn off your other email accounts.

If you want to go the free route, create a silent ringtone (Tutorial: How to make a Silent Ringtone | jorel314) and make that your default ringtone for incoming calls except for those you want to get through. Switch it to standard ringtone when you wake up. Turn off sounds for incoming text messages (if it's important, they'll call, right? Or they can email you instead, and configure the Gmail filters so only their messages get through), and turn off your voicemail sounds. Turn it all back on in the morning.

Not sure what I'm missing here, but that takes care of 99% of your bleeps, rings, and bloops.

I use iBlacklist, it doesn't do what I want it too do, it blocks numbers not discreetly ignores them at certain hours.

Quote Originally Posted by blissfulight View Post
    Turn it all back on in the morning.
    I understand that I can do all that, but that's not practical, I don't want to have to change every bodies ringtone before I go to bed and I don't want to have to turn off fetch everynight just to turn it all back on in the morning.

That's why I'm asking for this app, a nice simple flick a switch solution.

So no one knows of anything?