Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Home button to activate multitasking

Default Home button to activate multitasking
    Can someone invent a tweek that allows you to activate the apple's native multitasking feature in iOs 4.0 by pressing and holding the home button? Double clicking is annoying. And also to quit apps running in the background by dragging off to the middle of the screen (as opposed to holding it until it wiggles) similar to the function in the multitasking mod "Dock" in Cydia - which doesn't work on 4.0.

dude i would love if someone made that ios 4.0 multitasking for 3.1.2 and up because the iphone 3g gets major lag on 4.0 when jailbroken with the multitasking

It would probably interfere with voice control, because voice control is activated by holding the home button.
    What I would like to do though, is to only make the apps I want to multitask, multitask, eg. if I wanted to multitask angry birds, I would double click and then it would be in the little multitasking tray, not it automatically gets added there when I exit. Exiting a app should just shut it off completely(exceptions only for safari, mail, ipod and phone) and double clicking should multitask the app
    Last edited by iNeo; 2010-07-04 at 01:06 PM.

it will be a good idea but I dont think too many people can do that except for developers

Quote Originally Posted by iNeo View Post
    It would probably interfere with voice control, because voice control is activated by holding the home button.
    What I would like to do though, is to only make the apps I want to multitask, multitask, eg. if I wanted to multitask angry birds, I would double click and then it would be in the little multitasking tray, not it
    automatically gets added there when I exit. Exiting a app
    should just shut it off
    completely(exceptions only for
    safari, mail, ipod and phone)
    and double clicking should
    multitask the app
    The only problem with that being, what if you got a text message or a phone call while in a different app.

Activator gives you the option for a short hold for multitasking. It doesn't interfere really with voice control its just a longer hold for that.... try it out.

Is there any way to make a short hold force a natively multitasking app to use backgrounder multitasking instead?

Also, is there any chance we'll ever see a smart task switcher that's aware of the two levels of multitasking and lets you see a list of native apps, backgrounder apps, or both? I'm imagining something rather like proswitcher with up/down swipes to change between lists, and possibly double-tap to kill.