Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Secret Video Capture! (when screen is locked)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Secret Video Capture! (when screen is locked)
    Hi Guys.

I was wondering if any of you new of an app that would allow you to capture video whilst the iphone was locked or even if this would be a possibility for a future app.
    I was thinking something along the lines of a simple code that would enable you to hold down the volume key for a few seconds to begin recording and the same to cancel, with a small vibrate as a promt. At no point would the iphone's display need to light up or be unlocked. The camera is already in a great position to record when the iphone is held just casually in the hand and wouldnt require much effort to point it in the general direction of what you were wanting to record.

This idea came to me as the other day whilst taking the 5am train to work, there were these two guys opposite me talking about how they were gonna stab some other guy and one even showed the other guy his knife. I of course kept my eyes to the ground but had my iphone in my hand all the time. I really wished i could have recorded them and their conversation and sent it to the police but to unlock the phone and start up the camera would have been too obvious and i would likely have been the one to get stabbed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone VaderForce's Avatar
    Thanks

Geez, hi Mike you want to be careful with those situations!. Good idea but I can't help people using this sneakily.
    =Is the quality of your life, the outcome of your own thoughts?=

I second this request! Sometimes you want to take a picture of your dog doing something funny or you see something funny and NEED to take a picture, but by the time your phone is unlocked and the camera is ready, it's gone. I don't need recording, just photo taking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@Andrew check out Snappy for that and configure it with Activator...you need less than a sec to activate your cam from lock-screen

Oh cool, thanks willgd

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thats exactely what i was after, works great. Love the speed in which you can open the camera plus taking photos with the volume button ia a wicked feature. Thanks Willgd

wats the name of the app..?
    mod edit/link removed