Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Droid Style SMS Notifications?

Default Droid Style SMS Notifications?
    Don't know if I'm posting this in the correct spot..but, is it possible or known if the iPhone can have "Droid Style SMS notifications"

I love the iPhone, but on Droids it has when you receive a text it pops up in the top menu bar..and you just tap that to go to the text..is anything like that released already or possible to make it like that?

Thanks

if you find it let me know! One of the many reasons i like android over iphone right now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i was looking for the same thing the closet thing i found was grip with the sms notification other then that nothing

The infoshade function of Lockinfo is pretty close, the SMS icon will popup in the status bar then you can drop down the shade using whatever activator method you want and read/tap to respond to the text from there.

I'll look into that, does it work system wide or only on lockscreen?

There is a lockscreen function and a separate part (infoshade) that can be dropped down from the status bar from anywhere using activator.

iRealSMS gives a status bar icon as well; just tap to reply or call (if you have that option enabled), lockscreen included. Plus it gives the QuickSend option, letting you send a text without unlocking--invaluable!

Yah, I use lockinfo with iRealSMS.

You could use Grip growl for iphone with the double height status bar mod?