Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Music App For Car (easy to use while driving)

Default Music App For Car (easy to use while driving)
    I was wondering if anybody could make this music app for me. It would be a mod of the original music.app. This purpose of the app would be to make it easier to use the music app while driving. i have an iphone holster that holds it to my windshield similar to a gps. There are a few key issues with my current setup which are as follows:
    1. My head unit does not show the time unless i hit a button. By default it shows the mode, which is AUX.
    2. It is very difficult to read the song title and especially the artist name, because the font is so small.
    3. It is difficult to press those tiny forward, back, and play buttons, while driving.

All of these issues require me to take attention away from driving.
    The app i would want would make the play, forward, and backward buttons bigger.
    The time of day would appear in a large font at the top.
    The song name and artist would cover the middle area in a large font.
    and the time bar/shuffle button would be below this.
    here is a mock-up.

The red area is where time goes. the blue is where the play, forward, and backward buttons go. the green area is where the time bar of the song goes. The white area is where the song title and artist go.

I would not actually want these colors in the app, they are just there for mock-up purposes. The design of everything beyond the layout is completely up to you. If somebody could make this it would be soooooooo appreciated. Thank you.

You prob mentioned it but can't you just use the radio buttons to change song if not:

buy remote?

Or if you know how to theme you can make the iPod buttons bigger by editing them.

Good idea
    Keithsta

it is just a regular aux connection. There is no fancy integrated ipod control system in the car. Also, the remote would help with changing the song, but i still wont be able to see the song title or the artist. Also i would prefer not to waste money on a remote.