Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to transfer contacts from phone book to sim card

Default how to transfer contacts from phone book to sim card
    Hey guys

I know this discussion has been beaten with a dead horse. But i did some searching and read what was available but none seems to apply.

I want to transfer all my contacts from my phone to my sim card.

I know that people say to use iSim but it doesn't exist anymore, or if it does I can't seem to find it on Rock (perhaps its on cydia)

I have backed everything up to itunes, used multiple programs to try to update to my gmail but no matter how many times i sync for some reason there are contacts it leaves out, and I dont know why.

I want to get all my contacts... every one of them, and I figure transfering them to my sim is the way to go.

I'm using a Nexus one temporarily and thats the easiest way to transfer contacts for the time being.

I have a 32gb 3GS... is it possible to do this or does the iphone simply not have the hardware it requires to write to the sim on a 3gS?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Have you tried google's exchange thing? Is the nexus able to pull contacts from your gmail account? I use this on my phones all the time for when I need to change but don't feel like importing contacts back and forth. Just keep them sync'd to an account with their exchange.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-03-26 at 01:42 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

yeap that was the first step... the nexus actually has everyhting in my gmail.

when i search in my gmail contacts though for a certain number or two... they dont show up in gmail... which i think means that the iphone didn't upload them correctly or at all.

Only some.

I dont understand why.

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

You can write conacts to the sim card with SIManager. You have to add the beyouriphone repo to cydia to get it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to davesnothere11 For This Useful Post:

starbai (2010-03-26)

i saw SIManager... but had zero reviews or information on it so I was reluctant to try it. Afraid if it screwed up some how it would screw up my SIM and wouldn't be able to use it.

Have you used it/had experience with it before? or just suggesting it beacuse it lists my needs as one of its capabilities in its description.

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

I used it on mine and the wife's phone with no problems to ensure contacts were backed up. The app is a little clunky but worked with no problems that I have noticed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to davesnothere11 For This Useful Post:

starbai (2010-03-26)

Thanks

I have tried Simanager on 3g and 3gs running 3.0 to 3.1.2 and works fine on orange,o2,and vodafone sim..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to g0sbv For This Useful Post:

starbai (2010-03-26)

Quote Originally Posted by davesnothere11 View Post
    You can write conacts to the sim card with SIManager. You have to add the beyouriphone repo to cydia to get it.
    trying it now, will report back to say how it worked.

its on rock without having to add beyouriphone to cydia