Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ok, I know this probably sounds crazy, but...

Thanks

Default Ok, I know this probably sounds crazy, but...
    I always think of this, when I am totally frustrated, and need to look up a phone number. Anyways, I know, it's probably impossible, but, just thought I'd throw it out there! I hate when I am not near a phone book, and I need to look up a number, without calling the infomation line, or going back home or somewhere to look at one, so wouldn't it be totally cool, if our iphone had like a directory or phonebook of some sort?? I mean, that would totally be awesome! I wonder if I am the only one that has ever wished this??

Anyways, I am not requesting it, cuz don't think it could be done, but, just thought it would be neat, and just wondered if I am the only one that has ever wished for one! Bye, Prissie
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

(my god....)

Uhm... I don't know if you ever seen it but the iPhone has a little thing called "Phone" sitting in the iPhone dock, when you push it you can see your "contacts". Why don't you try to use that?

I think ucim2cute meant phone book like 411 (not your own contacts). I don't think an iphone app can be done simply because i'm not sure one can store locally the 411 database (I'm not US citizen so I'm not sure about this). Further, it's huge!
    Better solution: use safari and browse to 411.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to isaher For This Useful Post:

Chase817 (2008-03-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aemreunal View Post
    (my god....)

Uhm... I don't know if you ever seen it but the iPhone has a little thing called "Phone" sitting in the iPhone dock, when you push it you can see your "contacts". Why don't you try to use that?
    HUH?? Your GOD? Your God what?

isaher, thanks! Of course I meant like a 411 directory! Uhh, Yeah, aemreunal, I think we all know about the contacts on our iphones, DUUH!!

Wierd!!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Boys Boys Boys. There are Web Apps that look up phone numbers. go to www.apple.com to find one. Or. go to www.iphoneappr.com/iphone/ to find one there. Use google maps. Search for place, business or thing. and Google Maps will find. Click on Blue arrow the address and telephone numbers come up.

What about www.yellowpages.com/yphone#_find_tab that works too.

Chris

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chriscoyne For This Useful Post:

poseidon84 (2008-03-16)

The best Solution is google. wherever you are you can text the name of the company or restaurant like you do in google but instead you just text it too GOOGLE (466453) it gives you all the information.