Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3.0 Search Problem

Default Iphone 3.0 Search Problem
    Hey Guys,

I've had a look and I can't find an app to solve my problem, So I thought I'd come here to get a decent answer!

I like to use Categories on my Iphone to create folders and minimize the amount of icons.

Now I thought with 3.0 and the search feature I could set my Iphone up with a 'hard disk' (just a folder with all my non important apps) and I could use the search feature to avoid the long load times.

Now the problem here is, The Iphone search doesn't display 'hidden icons', which these technically are.

Is there an addon/patch that would allow search to show hidden icons?

Thanks in advance!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eskimo24 For This Useful Post:

DarkestHour00 (2009-06-22)

Default Same here
    Yep I'm having the same problem via Poof with the spotlight search. I used quickgold(on 2.2.1) to find my Poofed apps and it worked great. I hope someone will be able to patch this as well!

Default Search past one year fails with iphone 3.0 or 3.0.1
    When is apple going to fix the search problem in iphone 3.0??

Tech support confirmed on another iphone, that it only searches back one year in either calendar list mode search or in main search feature.

ANY event or record on the iphone past one year will not show up on any search.

Am I the only person that has a problem with this?

Or does apple assume we are all 14 years old? or ONE year old!

Default iphone search problems
    Biggest problem for me, on the new search feature is:
    it only searches backwards for one year. Anything past one year, rolling. is pretty much deleted.
    A recent online review said:
    "3. Spotlight: iPhone 3.0s new search feature for music, contacts, email, and more. Weve been dying for a search feature, for mail, and now we have it."

EXCEPT WE DON'T HAVE IT. Search in the iphone is badly crippled.
    Why only one year?

anyone have an answer?

Quote Originally Posted by eskimo24 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I've had a look and I can't find an app to solve my problem, So I thought I'd come here to get a decent answer!

I like to use Categories on my Iphone to create folders and minimize the amount of icons.

Now I thought with 3.0 and the search feature I could set my Iphone up with a 'hard disk' (just a folder with all my non important apps) and I could use the search feature to avoid the long load times.

Now the problem here is, The Iphone search doesn't display 'hidden icons', which these technically are.

Is there an addon/patch that would allow search to show hidden icons?

Thanks in advance!

Spotbright enables hidden icons in search and makes the search feature almost exactly like quickgold. It's even made by the same developer!