Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3Gs video and voice control?

Default 3Gs video and voice control?
    Is there any way to add these 2 features to iphone 2g and 3g, the voice control i would think would be easy just get the one from 3gs and mod it, same with the video maybe use like cycorded but add the video editing.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

No. There is more than simply software involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    Go on...
    How do you figure?
    Video Camera maybe, but what could Voice Control depend on, other than software?

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    Not really, voice control all you need is a mic and software. Video recording can be done on 3g and 2g so all that is needed is software. Apple removed these two items from 2g/3g 3.0 to make people buy 3Gs to get them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enliqhtened View Post
    Not really, voice control all you need is a mic and software. Video recording can be done on 3g and 2g so all that is needed is software. Apple removed these two items from 2g/3g 3.0 to make people buy 3Gs to get them.

how about the ram and processor speed

Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    how about the ram and processor speed
    That is just apples way of saying your not getting these features unless you upgrade your phone. It's like the diffrent versions of windows vista. All of them can run on a pc that can run vista but microsoft wants more money. Same with the iphone, like how apple said the iphone 2g chip set can't use mms. But others have proven it can. There is nothing in the hardware that wouldn't let these two programs run, with a little optimization. It is all software not hardware.
    Last edited by Enliqhtened; 2009-06-21 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks

So why does the video recorder work better then cycorder.....

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    So why does the video recorder work better then cycorder.....
    Cydcorder only goes at 15fps, the Video Recorder does 30fps. It's all the 3GS though, not software.

Video recording will depend on hardware for quality.
    However I can't see why voice control couldn't be ported over.
    Hopefully somebody tries for all of us who are a little short on cash!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enliqhtened View Post
    That is just apples way of saying your not getting these features unless you upgrade your phone. It's like the diffrent versions of windows vista. All of them can run on a pc that can run vista but microsoft wants more money. Same with the iphone, like how apple said the iphone 2g chip set can't use mms. But others have proven it can. There is nothing in the hardware that wouldn't let these two programs run, with a little optimization. It is all software not hardware.
    you had me going up until you said Windows. Microsoft makes different versions of Vista depending on your hardware..Of course you cant run vista ultimate on a Pentium 3 processor with 512mb of ram so you get the starter addition without the bells and whistles that would dramatically slow down your computer.I dont agree with this move but its logical.

Now back to the Video recording...i agree that apple isnt playing fair with alot of its features on the 3G S but you have to understand that video record and editing wouldnt work the way its supposed to work on the 3G or 2G. I may be wrong.

We couldn't match the video recording/editing on the 3GS because it uses the new OpenCL(software) which in turn utilizes the new Cortex A8 and PowerVR SGX (hardware). This is the same reason why web pages render quicker.

correct me if I am mistaken