Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blocked/Unkown Caller App

Default Blocked/Unkown Caller App
    I'd love to see an iphone app that basically blocks blocked or unknown callers. Perhaps there would be different options, such as just make the phone not ring or acknowledge those calls, or assign a different ring to them. I know, I know... I could define a default ring and change every other ring but that's no fun. The ideal scenario in my opinion would be to go straight to voicemail with a second greeting for these people.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mmelton12 For This Useful Post:

zadkungsatit (2007-11-17)

yea... that would be a good app

I had a cool little app on my TREO I cant remember the name but you could set it up to call you at certain times...... on Dates in Meetings etc. workd well a few times.

Seriously!!! Someone really needs to focus on this MUST HAVE app for ANY phone. My 8525 has Call Blocker. Block unknown numbers, not in contacts numbers, specific numbers, etc... It's a must have for any phone. I have friends in radio and some famous comedian friends, and they always **** around and give each others numbers out on the air. I was victim to this once and having Call Blocker saved me from changing my number. It never rang and no one ever annoyed me or got to my voicemail cause it had a "pickup/hangup" feature and an able/disable notifications so you just never had to worry. Can someone STOP making dumb games or iCandy that looks 'neat', cause that stuff is great and all but real applications should come first before a game that does nothing but tilt a ball around the screen. C'MON!

Sorry for dig this topic out but YES ! "Call block" is MUST have software of ANY phone. I don't know is it hard to write a app for it but i hope i can have that software asap for my Iphone.

I would actually second this. I think I installed SPB Phone Suite and the product included software like this. It had a white list and a black list. You could add numbers to the black list, and the program would black those numbers from calling in. Worked flawlessly, I would most certainly help developers financially for an app like this.

Reako

The iPhone needs an iBlocker! I'd love to control who is able to reach me and who isn't- and through an automated process at that!! On my ROKR E6, there was a chinese company that created a GUI app that did just that. It even allowed us the ability to forward those calls to a specific number. AND it offered to send a user defined txt to the caller, something to the tune of: "Don't want to talk now!" lol. I seriously LOVED this app for the E6 (called Mcleaner). I'd def offer some sort of financial and beta testing help

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i think another option would be an app that could somehow tell what the number is, bypassing the *67 of the blocker, imagine picking up and be like what's up Bob, what's going on? they would be so confused.

yes this option should also be their

I really need something like this! i will help developers financially too!

People are too busy making STUPID apps instead of working on making our phones compete with WM6! iapp-a-day apps are a waste of time. Sure, cute, and hold your attention for a minute or two, BUT C'MON! Snow globes? Take a pic of what the hell I'm eating? Jesus. When I was over at A and making ROMS for my Hermes all of the development was for bettering our devices. Here, I still get to release new themes and icon packs cause that's my forte, but no one's stepping up and developing the apps that are actually needed. Instead we get an app a day that's a waste of time. Don't misconstrue my meaning. The guy making those apps is investing his own time to do so, and I commend that, but seriously, 30 cheesy apps and not ONE we really need?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I want to know why this kind of feature is not included with our wireless provider packages... seriously, landlines have been able to block numbers for decades now...

On the wireless front? Not a chance... lets not forget that you're being charged minutes on your plan the moment someone dials your number (even before it starts ringing on your side)... oh and texts? Hahah... I have a specific person who is obsessed with bothering me for no reason, sending stupid texts and calling for no reason other than to harass me.... what can I do? Nothing... sure I can (and have) assigned a silent ringtone to this caller, and I delete his texts without reading them, but I still have to pay for both...

it's only greed that can account for the lack of this feature, it's not like we aren't going to use those 10 minutes of accumulated airtime while the phone was silently ringing... sigh

I know a blocking app won't stop that, but at least I won't be bothered by it anymore.
    -G

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I too am one that had these features on a previous phone that would love to have it on the iPhone.

Is anyone working on this? I hope so!

I second that. This should be a necessity...

Reako

someone has logged in as me and made post i have not authorized
    Last edited by skihound; 2008-05-28 at 09:19 PM.
    SkiHound ,,, Loves his Iphone,

Still no hope for this "MUST HAVE" app ? Tons of stupid app release everyday but not just 1 tiny small but reall important app.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to justbenice For This Useful Post:

zadkungsatit (2007-11-17)

I'd love this app

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skihound View Post
    nullriver has a beta out for macs called callwall I mailed them just this morning,,hopefully they will read this post and help us out.
    Any updates on this?

any updates now??

nope, no update... i really need an app like this, i tried to make one but im to dumb to make it happen, hehehe....
    hope we get it soon....

CONGRATS TO PEOPLE WHO WORK HARD ON APPS..... even if they`re snow globes, still interesting work. BUT LETS MAKE SOMETHING GOOD HAPPEN.

1.1.1 unlocked who hates 1.1.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast