Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Craigslist App's (Apple censored personals!) New Cydia version or hack/patch please

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Craigslist App's (Apple censored personals!) New Cydia version or hack/patch please
    I bought CraigsMobileList on the app store because it seemed to have the best features. The latest update said Apple forced them to remove the personals section! The app sucks now. Why is Apple policing my social life? I'm an adult. Can someone please release a full featured Craigslist app WITH personals or maybe figure out a way to hack/patch one of the commercial appstore versions to allow personals again?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I agree, I have not idea why they would censor the personals!

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

[ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=669660]Censorship! Now Available on the iPhone App Store - Mac Forums[/ame]

Craigslist tool defers to App Store decency standards

CraigsMobileList responded on their company forum. I wonder what kind of "filter" would allow apple to approve the app? I dont understand how censoring the same thing I can view via safari is helpful!

mSimplicity.com • View topic - Missing Personals, Release via Cydia or let us hack/patch it

"I'm sorry that the app is only useful to you with the personals section. We will be revamping the entire app and building in filters that will hopefully appease Apple enough for them to let us bring those sections back.

As for releasing a Cydia version or anything specific to jailbroken phones, we have no plans to do that. It would also be a breach of our developer contract with Apple to release our apps on Cydia, and we aren't willing to jepardise our business just to bring back the personals section to one of our apps.

We will post an announcement in the forums when production on the next version of CraigsMobileList is nearing completion. In the meantime, if the app is of no use to you now, you can contact Apple Support for a refund.

Regards,

Tony
    Mobile Simplicity"
    Last edited by JazJon; 2009-04-21 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Well hopefully they can work it out with apple