Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I want something the iPod touch has. Double tap iTunes mini menu!?

Default I want something the iPod touch has. Double tap iTunes mini menu!?
    Hey everyone. I have a request. On the iPod touch if you double tap the home button it will open the iTunes mini menu which allows you to play a song without actually opening the itunes. Say you quickly want to play a random song, you can quickly double tap the home button and start a song. It's something the iPod touch has and that is needed on the iPhone. How hard will it be to do this?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

you may find that already actually exists.
    Its that general home button ipod control thing. ;-)

i'll be a little more helpful than seann33uk...

go to settings/general/home button/

and change it to ipod.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seann33uk View Post
    you may find that already actually exists.
    Its that general home button ipod control thing. ;-)
    Spot on.

actually thats not what i am talking about. i already new about that feature. you see, if the ipod is completely closed, meaning your not playing a song, and you double tap the home button it opens the entire application, not the mini menu. try it now. double tap the home button, if its setup to do that, and it will open to your song list. im not sure if you guys played with an ipod touch but if the ipod app is closed and you double tap the home button, even if its not playing a song, it will open the little 'ipod control mini screen' and it will have the option to play the last song you had open. then from there you can continue to the next. maybe ur asking why i would want this? well say im on safari and i wanna play a some music while i surf. instead of having to close safari, open i tunes, play a song then have to reopen safari. its a hassle and sometimes it makes u reload the same site you were just on, but because you closed it u have too. so while im surfing i can just double tap, safari will stay open, play a song, close the menu and continue surfing in one flow. can someone do this?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

My iPhone does that from the home screen with the phone on or off, but not safari. I don't remember my touch doing it on safari, just when the podwas off or on the home screen, like my phone. maybe it did...
    Last edited by one1; 2008-03-08 at 06:03 AM.

ya it works when i first turn on the phone and before i slide to unlock. i can play a song from right there. im positive it worked on my friends touch. it was on the homescreen and then i just double tapped and it opened it. i assumed it would work in safari (on the touch). maybe im mistaken. but even if i am, i think it would be helpful if u like to multitaks. like playing games or something and u wanna listen to music without having to exit the entire game. idk. how hard is it to do that?