Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just saw that there is a 5 column app

Default Just saw that there is a 5 column app
    Hey guys , I just spotted a 5 column app in cydia to give 5 colums per home page to match my 5 icon dock but unfortunatley I am still running OS 2.01 and you need 2.2 to be able to run this.

Anyone know if there is an app that I can run on my OS? damn I really want this.

Thanks

Why dont you just upgrade your firmware? If you are unlocked you can upgrade as long as you get a custom firmware made in Pwnage. I see you have Windows, so you cant use Pwnage to create a firmware package but you can still install a Pwnage-made custom firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Why dont you just upgrade your firmware? If you are unlocked you can upgrade as long as you get a custom firmware made in Pwnage. I see you have Windows, so you cant use Pwnage to create a firmware package but you can still install a Pwnage-made custom firmware.
    You know. I really should upgrade but my phone is so customized and tweaked that I just haven't wanted to re-install everything and to tell the truth I haven't really looked into how to upgrade and how to get everything you have back on the iPhone. Any help or a link to what you just said about making a custom firmware would be greatly appreciated. I initially jailbroke my phone after having it for 2 days and have never looked back nor have i upgraded the OS both times it has been updated because I thought it would take forever to get my phone back to the shape it is in now. Am I wrong?

Thanks

Its not that hard to get all your customization back. I wrote a guide a while ago here.

I would sugest upgrading to 2.2 and NOT 2.2.1 at this point since you need Pwnage to keep an unlock on the 2.2.1. You can upgrade to 2.2, use quickpwn to jailbreak and then use Yellowsn0w to unlock again.

see this

Thanks a million!
    I'm going to do this this evening!

Thanks

Only if you use a custom firmware with Pwnage on a Mac. 2.2 is teh latest firmware that can be unlocked if installed by iTunes. 2.2.1 will upgrade the baseband to an unlockable state.

See this quote form the iClarified tutorial I posted in my earlier post.

Before you can follow these instructions you must have a jailbroken iPhone and you must be on the 02.28.00 baseband(modem firmware). This means that you must be running the 2.2 firmware or have used PwnageTool(NOT QUICKPWN) to install 2.2.1 without upgrading the baseband.

yeah, at this point I think I'll just live without. OTo many things I dont understand and Ill end up bricking my phone

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It is very simple! Get a custom firmware from a mac user, upgrade to 2.2 in iTunes (not 2.2.1 unless you get a custom firmware for that series) and then run quickpwn.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1881
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 2009-03-25 at 02:34 AM.

ok then anyone want to point me to the custom firmware .

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...indows-14.html
    post 210 ..choose from thre ..iphone 2g or iphone 3g..
    by the way..i use 5 columns icons..i works like a charm...