Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: run app in background without hogging power

Default run app in background without hogging power
    the ability to run applications in the background without hogging the power or slowing down the phone considerably
    the backgroundr app pretty much wasted my battery when used - an improvement or an entirely rebuilt application to do this would be great

I agree. Then again I really only use it in short bursts while listening to the radio and searching the net of texting or reading newsstand.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I Have to agree with you too, I use it with Pocket Tunes and surfing the net, and usually Palringo too.

But its a pain when it crashes as you have to quit out of 1 app to re eneable the other app.

I Started a new thread to see if anyone could maybe port Backgrounder to SbSettings or something similar to see what apps are running.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If Apple can't do this, no ordinary dev can. Running apps in the background requires power. There's nothing you can do about it. It's like trying to make an app that doesn't drain power when the screen is on. It takes power for the screen to light up.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

How is this even logical?

Can you run a process on your laptop without using processing or memory (ie. power)? No. Same thing with the iPhone. Running a process in the background only allows you to pretty much save power of keeping the screen off at most. Its just like running the program normally.