Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Allow certain callers to override silent switch

Default Allow certain callers to override silent switch
    Hello everyone...although this is my first post here, I'm active in forums for other purposes and I know how much help a group like this can be. Hopefully my suggestion for an app will be worthwhile.

I want to turn my alarms/ringers off at night using the silent switch to avoid the pesky text and email alerts in the wee hours; but I would like the ability to designate certain phone numbers that would override the mute function and ring through anytime. I could do this on a blackberry so it seems like there should be some way to make it happen on the iphone.

I'm new to iphone so if there's already a way to do this, I apologize for the wasted bandwidth. Thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FEBU For This Useful Post:

devilowns (2009-03-24)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

not sure if theres something better, but something you can do is install a call filtering program, such as iBlacklist or Mcleaner. I personally use iBlacklist and I know you can create a blacklist as well as a whitelist, which can either set all your calls to voicemail except for certain numbers you choose or just silence all the numbers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to theguy386 For This Useful Post:

FEBU (2009-03-24)

Thanks for the tip. I've downloaded Mcleaner and it looks like it might do exactly what I want.