Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App to turn Off Roaming Data access

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy App to turn Off Roaming Data access
    Seems I have been using roaming data other than the allowance from my phone carrier while roaming due to email access but probably downloading apps and safari.
    I have the settings turned off in Network data Roaming but maybe friends and I have used it on roaming.
    Is there an app that wont let you use Roaming network at all for data you can turn on and off so you wont get any nasty bills.
    At the moment I have gone over to double my phone bill because of Roaming -maybe driving around using the xgps while roam didn't help either.
    I keep changing the themes also and don't notice the roam icon (maybe I should make it Red and huge )
    Maybe an app that can distinguish data allowance for wifi,3G and roam so you can stop the roam ,use as much wifi data or limit it and limit the amount of 3g data that you want to set.
    My signiture? Whats that...............

Thanks

ok go to settings,general, network and it will be in there turn it to off and that will do it for you lol if you still get charged tell them to kiss ur $$$ the switch is turned off so ya

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingram20 View Post
    ok go to settings,general, network and it will be in there turn it to off and that will do it for you lol if you still get charged tell them to kiss ur $$$ the switch is turned off so ya
    Yes I do that but turn on to download email headers and forget again.
    I dont mind to use a small amount extra for important emails but would be good if I could set a limit on roaming or 3 g data.
    My signiture? Whats that...............

Thanks

ehh idk if that can really be done i left mine on all the time and im a trucker so i go all over the place and well i got an email once and that was the end of that never a problem again