Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reply to SMS without quitting application?

I know its not exactly what you want, but if you buy iReal, you can just enable quick reply and still use the default SMS app. I am in the same boat as you, I love the smoothness of the default SMS app and that makes it the best IMO. I just bought iReal for the quick reply, and its doing pretty much what I want.

The only problem using this strategy is that if you just press reply without typing anything in the quickreply box, it takes you to the iReal program, not the default, however its not too big of deal at all.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I just emailed iRealSMS. I'm not sure if it can or will be done, but if they could just make it where you wouldn't get a quick reply box pop up when you're using the default SMS app and if the default SMS app opens up when you press "Reply" without inputting any text, then that would solve that problem. Then iRealSMS would be perfect! I prefer the default SMS app over any other one in Cydia, but I love quick reply even more. If I could somehow have both with iRealSMS, it would be the perfect SMS app.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

I don't think they'll do that, because it would mean you're not using their product, and it would be obnoxious to the people who use ireal for their main SMS client

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imnotgoingtorememberthis View Post
    I don't think they'll do that, because it would mean you're not using their product, and it would be obnoxious to the people who use ireal for their main SMS client
    I really don't think they care if you use their SMS app as your default one. As long as they get their money, they should be happy.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

They probably don't have much hope of "getting their money" if it's a jailbroken app. Someone will surely crack it and make it free if they haven't already.
    Last edited by theNeutral; 2010-03-06 at 08:29 PM.

check out QuickReply for SMS, it's pretty good

QuickReply

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12