Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize App, brought back to life???

Default Customize App, brought back to life???
    Whats up guys...

Well like the title says, is there any way to make Customize work on the newer firmware? Please, no BS, because yes I have searched, yes I have read. I realize SpicyChicken has given up on the app and many of you guys prefer winterboard.

I on the other hand would LOVEE to see another app like Customize. I enjoyed the fact I can choose individual mods and not have to use the entire theme like in winterboard.

For example, i may like a slider or the icons of one app, but it will remove such things as an invisible slider background. Id like to pick and choose SMS bubble colors, badges, page dots, etc. without having to use the entire theme.

Hope someone understands what i am trying to say, and has some input or advice. thanks!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

"Well like the title says, is there any way to make Customize work on the newer firmware? Please, no BS, because yes I have searched, yes I have read. I realize SpicyChicken has given up on the app and many of you guys prefer winterboard."

Did this not just answer your own question? There is no other app like it and there's no other Dev that's picking up where Spicy left off. Sorry.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if you want one have fun paying for all that server space I think that was the problem, cost too much to host i guess.

Thanks

You can use ssh and back up Winterbosrd themes to your desktop. You can then swap files an recomplie a custom theme of your own and ssh it back to your phone and apply with winterboard.

customize IS actually ATTEMPTING to come back to life. check it out....

"Hi all. I have some exciting news. I'm working on making Customize compatible with the 2.2 firmware version, and will continue to make it compatible in the future. So many of you have been emailing me, and I have been reading the emails (even if I couldn't respond), and it is clear that Customize is still needed. However, to make Customize viable I will need to make some changes. I will be discontinuing the Premium version of Customize. I will also be making a lot of website changes in order to speed up the server response.

I need to ask if anyone has server space that they would share. It needs to be a dedicated server with a fast connection. When I asked before there were many very generous offers that I could not take advantage of. However, it seems now we should be able to make something work. Please let me know if you have such a server and are willing to share some bandwidth.

Best, Spicy "

Source- Customize, a native iPhone application by The Spicy Chicken
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.