Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Task Manager

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Task Manager
    I've been doing a lot of requests lately. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinaz @ everythingiCafe.com
    Any developer out there that wants to build a really useful program, please create a task manager that will display only those 3rd party programs that are running in memory even though they are not showing on the screen but leave off the standard processes running for the OS.

The reason I think this would be helpful is today my battery was at 50%. I played around with some different programs and then exited them by pressing the home button. I put the phone down for about 20 minutes with nothing showing as running on it. When I went to get back on it the battery was totally dead. I assume something stayed running in the background and used up the battery. If there were a task manager we could then show anything still running in memory yet not required by the OS and we could then close it as needed.
    Anyways, I was looking around and found this: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...sk-manger.html

But I'd like an app that I could download from Cydia and just click on that would have a list of apps running that I could terminate without having to do all that editing in the thread above. That would be a really useful app.

BTW, I'm not Griffinaz. I just found his/her post and that said everything I needed it to say, so I just copied it and pasted it here.

From that thread above that you mentioned I have repacked the entire app and all the extras for an easier install.

The app is the best task manager app I have seen and it is very easy to use. I highly recommend it. Just download the attachment and read the HowTo file.

If you have any problems or questions, just let me know or you could also post in the original thread for MemTool
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by skeredmobile; 2009-01-30 at 05:00 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

MemTool is nice. However, I have noticed that memory doest add up! IE: 128-(total of listed apps) does not equal free. Of course it appears all mem apps have this issue.

I can have say 30MB free with 10 background tasks, load a memory intensive program (like X-Plane), quit, then check free again. Now it +10-+15MB greater with the same background apps running. Crazy stuff this Darwin OS.