Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Button Vibrate?

Default Button Vibrate?
    What are the possibilities of a program that will add a little vibrate every time a button is pressed? I've looked through these pages and haven't found one out there. If there is please let me know. iDialer has put this into use and verizons new touch phone does it as well. Is this even a possibilty? It would make using simulators such as NES so much easier to get a little feed back to know you've pressed the button, also just a fun little touch. Thanks for the consideration.

i think this is a great idea, the new voyager phone has that and its called vibetouch. it allows users to have a tactile feel to the buttons.

For someone who knows how to write programs it should be very easy. It is possible as in idialer. But I guess nobody cares or finds it useful. I would like it very much. Nobody figured a way to disable sms notification popup either.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

there is but at the moment its a stand alone app soon it will be implemented into more apps
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Yes you're right heath_rox it's called hapticKB but it is at a beginning status. Hope they develop it further.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

trevorrawson (2008-03-04)

Thanks

I have been asking for this ever since magneta was introduced.

where would you find hapticKB, is it in the installer?

Here you go trevorrawson, check it out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

trevorrawson (2008-03-04)

is this program on installer anywhere?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by backlife View Post
    No, but be careful if you do install it. They give allot of warnings about it being a proof of concept, therefore unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by backlife View Post
    check post above yours number 8

i asked if its in installer, it would be much easier to install that way.

its not in the installer. and there's not much to it yet. I downloaded it an installed it and pretty much it's just a stand alone keyboard that vibrates when you press it's keys. doesn't really type anything and doesn't work with other programs. They say that are going to keep working on it. It's sad that no one has done a better version of this yet. It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to do. But then again I'm not a developer, and no where close. So I just let the developing stay with the developers and I'll donate as much as needed to keep them going!

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems to me that haptics would wreak havoc with the already short battery life of the iPhone.

haptic feedback would be great. The idea behind haptic is that even though the entire phone vibrates when pressing a button, your brain is tricked into believing that the vibration came from the button that you pressed

Even better, for example, what if there was a quick vibration when you put your finger on a letter within the keyboard, and as your finger slides across the keyboard, there is a quick vibration whenever you reach a new letter. This would make typing without looking MUCH easier. Almost as if you could feel physical buttons.