Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Calendar info on the "Slide to unlock"-screen

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default Calendar info on the "Slide to unlock"-screen
    I love the active home screens of Windows Mobile and Symbian, which can show you upcomming appointments and tasks without you having to go to the calendar app. Wouldn't it be great if we could see this info on the unlock screen on our iPhone?
    Then you could just take it out of your pocket and press the home/power button, check your appointments and put it back.

Am not an iPhone developer, but I think this could easily be achived by reading the calendar database, and modifying the background picture (which is an unscrambled jpeg), adding some text to it.

What do you guys think? This would make the calendar function so much more usefull

/Daniel

It's already exist in the programm caterpilar. It is not free but it works.

RIP DEVS caterpillar as stated, i have been running it and it does a great job all round.

like the fact you tap the calendar from the lock screen and it changes view and displays any appoinments, notes tasks etc

am using markerfelt as system font and love the privacy app to suppress text message contents!

pricey but what the hell, i am an iphone freak.
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

yup works great with CAT, but they need to update it to show more days of appts, they said that is coming soon

bought the unlimited. has anyone else installed it and NOT seen anything but (no events) on the lock-screen calendar page. i see the calendar fine. if i tap it, i only ever get (no events) reported, even though i have like 4-5 events PER DAY.

Crazy to pay that kind of money for something that should already be on the phone. Symbians, windows, palm and even some plain cell phone have It installed free. Catapiller is to high and why a subscription?

Quote Originally Posted by tech no logy View Post
    Crazy to pay that kind of money for something that should already be on the phone. Symbians, windows, palm and even some plain cell phone have It installed free. Catapiller is to high and why a subscription?
    second that..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techyogi View Post
    bought the unlimited. has anyone else installed it and NOT seen anything but (no events) on the lock-screen calendar page. i see the calendar fine. if i tap it, i only ever get (no events) reported, even though i have like 4-5 events PER DAY.
    It only shows events for the day we are in. Would be sweet if we could slide to left or right to view other events, but as of right now all it shows is today's events on my device with no problem.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)