Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi signal meter, possible?

Default Wifi signal meter with real time update, possible?
    Would it be possible or is there a Wifi signal meter with real time update? Sometimes while on the road I find some free wifi hotspots or networks and would like to see their signal strengh and get closer to them for better reception and speed.
    Last edited by iBlade; 2008-02-27 at 12:16 PM.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

its called stumbler it has all the wifi info you eva wanted and some you didnt know that u wated 2 know
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Thanks, I know about stumbler but I was looking for something with realtime updating of signal strengh. With stumbler you would have to rescan all the time, plus don't need all that extra info.

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    Thanks, I know about stumbler but I was looking for something with realtime updating of signal strengh. With stumbler you would have to rescan all the time, plus don't need all that extra info.
    Please try my APlogger application.

Quote Originally Posted by chrism238 View Post
    Please try my APlogger application.
    Thanks, I did try it nice app indeed. But I am looking for something more simple, well maybe it is not that easy to make. Just a way to log on to a network and see it's strengh in realtime, like the signal meter on the statusbar. I am sorry if I want too much but maybe someone can rewrite an existing app. Thank's to everybody.

One of the applications to change (advanced) preferences, sorry can't remember which one, sets the current WiFi signal strength to be printed as a number (0..100)? in the titlebar, instead of the standard 4-level icon. I think, however, that it's the strength of the "loudest" signal it can hear, and not necessarily the one you're associated with.