Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disable the warning about unsupported iphone accessory?

Default Disable the warning about unsupported iphone accessory?
    not sure if it's possible, but thought I'd throw it out there.. how about a toggle button for the warning message that displays when you plug your iphone in to a non-supported accessory that nags you about switching to 'airplane mode'?

thanks

Highly doubt this will ever be developed. I've seen it asked about for over a year.

I got rid of my 'This accessory is not ......" message by doing a 'restore as new iPhone' with 2.0, and then promptly visited an Apple Genius Bar, and showed them the problem. I was getting that error message after _every_ 'slide to unlock' screen. After they looked for water damage, I got a new phone.

uhh... your story negates my frustration.. hehe

at least I don't have to deal with it every slide

how do they check for water damage? is there an indicator like on a blackberry battery?

There is one at the bottom of the headphone jack. It'll be red if water has gotten down there.

The genius also checked my dock connector area with a light and magnifying glass.

I hadn't had any water damage (some have gotten past the quick look test by painting the red dot at the bottom of the headphone jack with white paint or liquid paper). Mine had spent a lot of time in pockets, so the docks connector area had seen lots of lint and humidity.