Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Favortie Apps Launcher

Default Favortie Apps Launcher
    There are two things that came together that makes me want the app I am about to describe:

1 - I spend way too much time looking for apps I use daily - 5 apps in the dock is not enough
    2 - I found out you can replace the "double-tap home" with anything you want

So what I would love to see in this app:

An app that is a simple single screen launcher which will have:

* Bottom half is a dock that is about 3 rows high (i.e. up to 15 icons)

* Ability to add app api calls as app icons (i.e. direct link to "Phone Favorites" page to replace the original functionality of double-tap home)

* The icons in the doc can be picked from all installed apps (without removing them from the SpringBoard too!)

* The icons will not move when the underlying app is updated

* Top half of the screen may be optionally filled with plugins (think IntelliScreen) that may display upcoming appointments(my favorite), unread SMSs or Emails, RSS feeds, etc.

* Can be launched via SpringBoard, or optionally via double-tap of home key(if it is launchable via SpringBoard there are apps that will set it to be the double-tap app), or maybe even just hitting home key from main menu (there is an app that does this (QuickGold?), although unfortunately it made my IPhone crawl - hopefully it was not hooking to the home button that caused it to be slow)

I looked at IntelliScreen but that is only for lock screens (data leak, in my opinion!) and no launcher - which is what I want the most!!

This should be a relatively simple app (especially if you ignore for time being top half of the app) - so anyone wants to try this?

-HH

I second the motion, a well needed app with all these apps. lol