Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Roll feature in basic sms??

Default Roll feature in basic sms??
    I have big fingers so sometimes its hard for me to type in sms is there anyway to and the roll feature to it like safari!!!

Can you explain what you mean by roll feature in safari?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Most people seem to be of the opinion that the landscape feature used in texting would make the keyboard take up too much of the screen to be usuable. I don't see how this would be any different than say entering a reply in a box while surfing a forum in Safari from your phone. I would like to see it.

I forgot to add...it is not available right now, but one day it will be.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 2008-09-08 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Doh!

iPhone? More like MyPhone chbearsrock's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Most people seem to be of the opinion that the landscape feature used in texting would make the keyboard take up too much of the screen to be usuable. I don't see how this would be any different than say entering a reply in a box while surfing a forum in Safari from your phone. I would like to see it.

I forgot to add...it is not available right now, but one day it will be.
    That's what I thought too...until I used Mobile Chat on fw 1.1.4. Their landscape setup was perfect, because it allowed the user to see all of the previous text, everything that he/she was typing, AND gave the convenience of the full sized keyboard. I wish those same developers just came out with a SMS replacement.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chbearsrock View Post
    That's what I thought too...until I used Mobile Chat on fw 1.1.4. Their landscape setup was perfect, because it allowed the user to see all of the previous text, everything that he/she was typing, AND gave the convenience of the full sized keyboard. I wish those same developers just came out with a SMS replacement.
    I agree. So you can only see one line or two? If people are willing to accept that (and it sounds like most would) then bring it.