Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer 4 beta freezing

Default Installer 4 beta freezing
    First off, sorry if this post is in the wrong section. I have upgraded to Installer 4 beta and the narive RIPDev source tries to load but only freezes (you cant delete this source) does anyone know how to delete sources through SSH or how to delete Installer.app and install an earlier version?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

*cough* BETA *cough*

It freezes for me all the time. After I upgraded from beta 5 to beta 6 it got a lot better though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Might be BETA but feels more like a pre ALPHA.

EVERY time it starts up, it gets through a few sources and then freezes. I haven't come across a single fix.

I have put it into airplane mode at which stage it whizzes through the 'refreshing sources' page and have tried deleting all sources. Which works fine - as I thought it was possibly a buggy source. I mean it can't be ripdev right? So again - it freezes.

I have restored, thinking maybe it was my error. again the same issues. i have strong words for it, but I don't understand why we have to be subject to such types of software. I know its easy for people to say just use Cydia - and indeed it is. But if there is a program which should work it should be Installer.

I just want some control over when the sources refresh. I would much rather manually refresh them one by one, then allow the 'auto' refreshing method which seems to hang.

Even holding down the home button sometimes takes ages for the app to quit, so I am forced to do a reset.

I have an iPhone 8gb 3g version. On O2. I have used one of Ripdev's other apps - caterpillar or kate as it is now known. Again - buggy as hell. There is no other peice of software which I want so badly because of functionality yet is so buggy.

Sorry for the rant - just seems like we always get shot down with it being beta software where it is nowhere near beta. If someone has found a way to get round it, can someone please let ripdev know or let us all know how to play with it to work. I want my apps to work. I know I'm not a coder but surely allowing us to chose if we want auto refresh on or off shouldnt be too difficult? There was an app some time ago which did this very thing for Installer...

I had nothing but problems with installer since updating to 2.0.2 as far as I'm concerned you should just ditch Installer. Re-jailbreak and only install Cydia. I have no problems to report with using Cydia, and it only allows you to download and install apps that are used by your current FW.

DEATH TO INSTALLER!!!!!
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darcus View Post
    I don't understand why we have to be subject to such types of software. I know its easy for people to say just use Cydia - and indeed it is. But if there is a program which should work it should be Installer.
    What WHat WHAT?!
    To live, you have to lie

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Redcard - What I meant by that is that we all rely on cydia and installer to be able to install the software on our phones. If they don't work properly, who knows what other damage they may be doing?

I would love to see Installer working, looks like lots of work has gone into it. All ripdev needs to do is allow us to choose if we want to auto refresh all sources or not. I for one would like to turn it off and refresh the sources I want to refresh... Who knows may be its difficult to code for that...