Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: n64 emulator??

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldskoolkid13's Avatar
    Thanks

Default n64 emulator??
    how possible could it be to create a N64 emulator for he iPhone? the screen might look a little small and the controls would be hard to get the hang of, but i like the games better than the playstation games(psx emulator provides that function on the iphone and they did a good job) bt also unlike the playstaion games the N64 games r eaiser to get n are take up much less space, each N64 ROM is about 16-30 MB bt playstation ISOs are about 2GB each.

idk just throwin that suggestion out there.....

If I helped you at all please hit the thanks button 4 me!

you could just try to port daedalus 64 for psp and see what happens, its not like really hard to get it work since psx already runs but i think there are more stuff to be done by now than making that emu so just be patient

Quote Originally Posted by dino22 View Post
    you could just try to port daedalus 64 for psp and see what happens, its not like really hard to get it work since psx already runs but i think there are more stuff to be done by now than making that emu so just be patient
    I've searched for ages even going as far as trying to find out how to put the java n64 emulator on it but even then i'd need the privelidge to write ipod touch apps. so the quession is, how could an existing n64 emulator be ported to the ipod touch?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

to be honest, i HATE playing emulators on my iPhone..i just hate the touch screen buttons, so imaging what the n64 buttons are going to look like on the iPhone..what we need is a controller kit for the iphone..we need some DAMN BUTTONS!

Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    to be honest, i HATE playing emulators on my iPhone..i just hate the touch screen buttons, so imaging what the n64 buttons are going to look like on the iPhone..what we need is a controller kit for the iphone..we need some DAMN BUTTONS!
    I agree. it would be much better if someone created a controller attachment for the device.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

something like this....

btw took me 5mins to make..lol

something like this....

btw took me 5mins to make..lol
    Thats cool, but if that is the phone in the middle, that controller would be HUGE

actually there are already controllers for it in progress (icontrolpad, though this dosent have an analogue stick). the ultimate controller would either be an version of the psp controller setup, or a n64 controller with a slot for the ipod to go in.
    Last edited by Jhackulon; 2009-10-01 at 09:28 AM.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that would be sweet!!! I hate the small controls on the iphone!!!

Recently zodttd started porting a n64 emulator aimed at 3rd gen ipod touches and 2nd 3rd gen iphones. although this is good I'm a bit sceptical about it because he'll probably use it to launch his icontrolpad which would mean that the analog stick would be on the screen as well as the fact thet he seems to refuse to put up his source code for any of his projects.

P.S. Why does it say ("did" if this post's old) "What's Jailbreak" under my username?