Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Music playing while in a call

Default Music playing while in a call
    Is this possible? I dont need the music to be heard on the other end, I just want to listen to my when I'm in a call. I think this will be possible if we have a separate mp3, with its own volume control

why would u want music during a call??? are u not supposed to hear what the other guy is saying ...?

Quote Originally Posted by qgshadow View Post
    why would u want music during a call??? are u not supposed to hear what the other guy is saying ...?
    which is why I'm requesting the application. By default if I load ipod while in a call, I cant listen to the person I'm talking to, if I adjust the volume then both the call's and the music's volume is reduced/increased.

I would love to listen to some soft music when I know i'm going to have a long conversation and obviously I'll be using my headphones when I do.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting request. It can probably be done. I am saying this with little programming knowledge (none with apple/iphone). I would assume that it is just the "phone" program that automatically pauses/mutes your music when you have an incoming call. Not sure how easy it would be to modify that, but logistically it seems possible. Unfortunately I don't use the iPhone earbuds (i find them to be just passable for music sound quality and utterly terrible when talking to someone on the phone). If companies like shure or sennheiser made buds with a mic to use with the iPhone I might be more excited with the prospect of this app.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Interesting request. It can probably be done. I am saying this with little programming knowledge (none with apple/iphone). I would assume that it is just the "phone" program that automatically pauses/mutes your music when you have an incoming call. Not sure how easy it would be to modify that, but logistically it seems possible. Unfortunately I don't use the iPhone earbuds (i find them to be just passable for music sound quality and utterly terrible when talking to someone on the phone). If companies like shure or sennheiser made buds with a mic to use with the iPhone I might be more excited with the prospect of this app.
    There are 3rd party earbuds available for the iphone. Look up Voda earbuds. If an app like this was made, I'd defeinitely get that set of earbuds

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I think that app is pointless, that's just me. It's more of a distraction and if you are on a long call listening to "soothing" music, me personally would doze off. Hey why not make an app that turns your iPhone into a coffee machine. You can brew yourself one while on a call to stay awake... Next idea................

you fall asleep as soon as you listen to soft music? Ya that's just you. I think this is a good idea, it can already be done on nokia phones. There even the other person can listen to the music.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Just my opinion buddy. I think app is stupid. If they were to come out with it I think they just charge people stupid enough to buy it. That's just me. I wouldn't want to talk to someone knowing they are "doing" something else. I can see problems with the ol' lady as well. Too distracting.