Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS application for 2.0

Default SMS application for 2.0
    Firstly apologies if this has already been brought up, i check this site quite often and havent seen anything mentioned for 2.0.

does anyone know if a SMS application is being developed? like SMSD or iSMS

the basic SMS app is very poorly designed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All I would really like is a way to see how how many characters I have already used in an sms, coz I cant stand not knowing if I have gone over to the second sms message or not.

I am a cheap bastard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So anyone know any sms software for 2.0 so far?

biteSMS, great app. its in cydia...

Is biteSMS that great of an alternative? I don't want to have to pay for texts over a different network when I already have a plan. I just want something that has a different interface.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Well there is iRealSMS, but unfortunatley it is extremley buggy, costs $5, and messes things up. I had to pay for it 3 times, and it still didnt work(long story, dont ask).

But iRealSMS has an inbox, outbox, sent, drafts, and the longly wanted/anticipated landcape texting.

NOW what someone needs to do, such as a developer, is look at the code of iRealSMS, and see how they got the landscape feature to work, and enable it in the native SMS app, or something like that, because landscape texting makes a huge difference for me.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by java568 View Post
    Is biteSMS that great of an alternative? I don't want to have to pay for texts over a different network when I already have a plan. I just want something that has a different interface.
    Actually once you get to the part where you can actually type the SMS in, hit the arrow on the bottom right and it gives you an option to "Send via Carrier". So you don't have to pay for their credits.
    Last edited by SharpieBandit; 2008-09-14 at 12:38 AM. Reason: spelling heh....
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah but as of right now, for 2.0, there is no other true application that could work like isms or smsd did.... i guess we just wait....