Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Video Camera on 2.0.1???

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Video Camera on 2.0.1???
    Ive searched around on cydia and appstore. There doesnt seem to be any video recorders on 2.0.1 yet... anyone know if there making one soon?

None yet as far as i know of, and it wont be available on teh appstore it goes against apples policy, youll just have to wait until iphonevideorecorder is compatible for 2.0.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kpace1 View Post
    None yet as far as i know of, and it wont be available on teh appstore it goes against apples policy, youll just have to wait until iphonevideorecorder is compatible for 2.0.1
    Yeah i figured that. I wonder why apple doesnt want simple things like a video recorder and MMS...?

Thanks

Welcome to 12 months ago!
    Last edited by redcard; 2008-08-18 at 07:59 PM.
    To live, you have to lie

You could try Qik or Flixwagon. Streams the video to their sites.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Qik is ok, video is kinda jumpy though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    Yeah i figured that. I wonder why apple doesnt want simple things like a video recorder and MMS...?
    In couple months that they have nothing to release and talks about the iphone are low, they will bring out and update that will bring one of those apps so a lot of people would be like "WOW!"... marketing technique...
    so yea.. i bet you they already have made some apps. just didnt release them

I am wondering the same thing, hell I feel like going to 1.1.4 just for the recorder.

Also where did u hear this about a video recorder being against Apples policy, link?

Quote Originally Posted by RompaRoomGang View Post
    Also where did u hear this about a video recorder being against Apples policy, link?
    Its all over the web. Apps that modify basic iphone operations are prohibited. Thats why apps like Intelliscreen arent in the app store.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectGSX View Post
    Its all over the web. Apps that modify basic iphone operations are prohibited. Thats why apps like Intelliscreen arent in the app store.
    How would a video camera application modify basic iPhone operations? All it would do is store the files somewhere.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

iphone video recorder was submitted to the apple apps store. Hopefully it will be approved and released soon!

iPhone Video Recorder Update (updated) » iPhone Breaking News » iPhoneFreakz

"It seems as if they no longer plan on releasing the iphone video recorder to the jailbreak community but instead into the app store."

iPhone Video Recorder - DreamCatcher Official Site

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

do not go back to 1.1.4 just for a video recorder. all the videos sucked anyway. choppy recording. sound was a tad off. jus not worth downgrading for
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Green Apple
    Thanks
    To be honest i'm still FW 1.1.4 and till they release a video recording app for the 2.0.1 or any new fw that come out i'm gonna continue to stay at 1.1.4. I really enjoy iphone video recorder and if it come in the app store or jailbroken phone. i think that was the most wanted app since the iphone came out...I hope it come out soon with the coming holiday seasons just around the corner...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

way to much cool new stuff to sit back on one old boring app. if i want to record some stuff ill go grab my digi cam. the iphone does wonders on the updated firmware. so much new stuff.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    way to much cool new stuff to sit back on one old boring app. if i want to record some stuff ill go grab my digi cam. the iphone does wonders on the updated firmware. so much new stuff.
    Yeah good point. But then again it does lack the simple stuff.. Video Camera and MMS. Its not like they cant do it..

video recorder and cycorder r out, video recorder limits you to 30 seconds, cycorder limits u to no sound