Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pocket E6B? (any pilots around?)

Default pocket E6B? (any pilots around?)
    this one might not be too hard but the number of people who would want it is relatively small =\

in concept its not too far off the converter app. a pocket E6B flight computer would only need a few conversions not on the converter such as fuel/time and some flight planning tools. (deviation wind correction yadda yadda) theres a few online ones so the source for the actual tools shouldnt be too hard to find.

pilot/programmers have at it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Yes
    This would deffinately help with my training! Because my cross country is coming soon. Im sure there are only a very FEW individuals who would use this but if any programmer would tackle this I would be extremely greatful.

Would be cool to have as well

Anyone find a logbook for the iphone yet?

would save me from buyin an electronic one. that manual metal one is a pain to use in the air. specially with the airplane mode the phones got built in it would be great for IFR (without bustin regs =P)

http://www.mye6b.com

No, I didn't design it...just found it on Apple's WebApps directory.

webapps don't work in the air... needs to be iphone app... otherwise pointless to us pilots while airborne... but nice find.

omfg this would be freaking sweet
    instead of the little rotating wheel flight computer...
    i feel low-tech using it haha

thats a great idea. When I had my tilt I had an aviation GPS program on there, my electronic logbook and a pocket e6b. That would be super duper sweet!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hi guys,
    i can help you realise this app if you teach me how a E6B app works ^^

glad to help anyone in need =)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Guyz,

I'm flying and developing software. Right now working on a iLogBook (app for loggin your flights). A E6B is also on the list! I have enough of the 'old school'

Any more software you would like to see for the iPhone (related) to flying?

Cya,
    36R

Default hrm...
    An E6b for the iPhone/iPod Touch would be pretty nice. Though I would probably use it for backup more than anything else (I actually don't mind using the whiz-wheel). I'm not sure I'd want to have to use the iphone's keyboard in flight -- not with turbulence, at least (lack of raised buttons would make it difficult to use). As for a logbook app... I carry my logbook in my flight bag, so that's not all that important to me. BUT what might be kinda cool would be a logbook app which you could sync with an _online_ logbook. That way I could access all my logbook entries from anywhere where I can get an Internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by threesixright View Post
    Hi Guyz,

I'm flying and developing software. Right now working on a iLogBook (app for loggin your flights). A E6B is also on the list! I have enough of the 'old school'

Any more software you would like to see for the iPhone (related) to flying?

Cya,
    36R
    Id love to see an aviation GPS for the iPhone. Honestly another E6B wouldnt be super useful since there are several.