Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speech to text, voice recognition App

Lightbulb Speech to text, voice recognition App
    I have a request!

Preferably English. Any person speaks English, I can hold my iPhone near to his/her voice (up to 1-2 ft) I want an application that allows me to read voiced words/sentences into text that way I can understand what the person is trying to say or ask. Good for deaf people like myself. I'm kinda tired of lipreading. Sometimes they come out similarly to other words, so once in a while I would get them messed up and misunderstand. =P

Also, I found really cool one - the opposite: text to speech. There's one available for Windows Mobile only. http://www.bostock.com/mobiletalker.htm
    "Mobile Talker is designed to enable the non-verbal (aphasic) user to speak anything they may wish to say.
    They can type a word, phrase or sentence and speak it using Text-to-Speech or select pre-defined words, phrases or sentences from a categorized list. Optionally, the user can enable Clipboard Speaker mode, whereby any text copied to the clipboard (from any other running Pocket PC program) will be spoken."

It's probably the tough one but I hope there's some people out there that has the skills or even guts to do this! I hope my request can be filled. I'm sure other people would like this, too. If not, that's OK... it's worth a shot doing a request. So what do you think?? Thanks. - Kate
    Last edited by greenrocks; 2008-02-02 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Additional request