Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone camera

Default Iphone camera
    Does anyone have any suggestions/recomendations on getting a zoom for the iphone camera? Any help is appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It is not possible, unless you go with one of those cheesy looking zoom lenses that snaps onto the back of the phone. You could take the picture, load it up in a photo editing program and zoom in on t that way

But no in all seriousness, there is no software you can add to the iPhone for a zoom feature.

uhhh yes there is. there's software that adds video recording and zoom capability. i dunno what its called but it was available on the original iphone....jailbroken ones btw

Use cydia and install Snapture. Excellant camera features including zoom, works great and free too!

they need to make the video recording app and mms messaging for 2.0.1 already
    16gb white 3G iphone jailbroken on 2.0.2

Could not find Snapture on Cydia. Where is it at exactly? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Snapture at the moment is only available to the public for phones running 1.1.4 or earlier. The public release of Snapture for firmware 2.xx will be coming soon.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dirtybird1977 For This Useful Post:

elcaptain0069 (2008-08-13)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, my bad I have been grossly mis-informed

uhm,
    i have Camera Pro app on my comp, paid and used on my older iphones..
    could anyone port or use it on 2.0??

Quote Originally Posted by darudeking View Post
    uhm,
    i have Camera Pro app on my comp, paid and used on my older iphones..
    could anyone port or use it on 2.0??
    The code would need to be rewritten for the app in order for it to work on 2.0 and later.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

There is an alternative...qik was just released for iphone 3G/2G 2.0 firmware. It records and streams video...

Yay Qik, will test it out tommorrow morning looks great.

yeah i have that running on my phone right now but dont be to happy cause u are unable to view the videos from your phone yet.. they say there making an app to view videos so got to wait.. also make sure you have good 3g so you can stream good and fast videos..

ah yeah, im using too now blah,
    the interface is beautiful, but i wanna actually see em vids :P

i cant wait for snapture for 2.0... =D

Thanks

well, the zoom would be pretty useless since it would just make the picture look crappy

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

maybe if the zoom would automatically shrink the res or something to take the crapy edge off? i dont know, just an idea. just my $.02. . .

on the Qik app, this was done over wifi, which is faster than 3g and i still think it is extrememly jumpy. extremely.

Snapture i havent heard of until just now.

iphonevideorecorder is the best i have heard of to date. fyi, i am new to iphones, got the 3g on opening day.

just to let you guys know snapture is out for 2.0 i just dled it and it works awesome!
    iPhone currently jailbroken running 2.0.1