Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Emulators

Default Emulators
    I think the iPhone has the power to emulate the Wonderswan Color Flawlessly, it would be cool to play Wonderswan games on it.

And can anyone make an emulator that runs any of the following systems on iPhone (Besides Wonderswan Color):
    Xbox
    Gamecube
    Playstation 2
    PSP

It definitely has the power to run at least ONE of these.

Thanks

I don't think the GPU of the iPhone can handle what's required for PSP and greater- currently the iPhone struggles to run old PS games at a normal speed, so I doubt XBox, Gamecube and PS2 emulation would be successful.

There is no possible way the iphone will be able to emulate PSP and for sure not Gamcube, Xbox or PS2. Right now even really high end PC's can barely emulate PS2...at like 6-10fps (games usually run at 30-60fps on consoles)

Quote Originally Posted by commandersafi View Post
    There is no possible way the iphone will be able to emulate PSP and for sure not Gamcube, Xbox or PS2. Right now even really high end PC's can barely emulate PS2...at like 6-10fps (games usually run at 30-60fps on consoles)

what kind of high end computers are you talking about?

anyways. i would think it would be possible to emulate a psp, processing power has a slight difference but the graphics power the iphone rumored to match the power of the psp. ofcourse gamecube and those other home consoles have no way of running on the iphone.

it has the processing power of the old sega dreamcast. That is about as good as it will get for now. But - that is pretty decent for a phone/camera/internet device/GPS/ and overall coolness....

i reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllly want ff7 for the iphone, anyone?

In order to emulate something at a decent clip (25 fps or more) you have to be considerably more powerful than what you are trying to emulate. And with the iPhone being somewhat equatable to a Dreamcast, that means the Dreamcast and above will never be able to be emulated. The highest system we can expect is PS1 and N64, anything more than that will be unplayable.

although as emulators progress we may actually see a DS emulator on the iPhone...now that would be incredible.
    Running:
    iPhone 4 4.0 Jailbreakme
    iPad Wifi 3.2 jailbreakme
    AT&T