Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Idea -- Where was I?

Default Idea -- Where was I?
    I'd like an app that silently checks my location every so often (1/10/30/60 minutes?) and logs my iPhone's coordinates, based on GPS, or Skyhook WiFi finding (basically, how CoreLocation works).

Ideally, it'd output a KML file that I can plot my day-to-day goings in Google Earth, or upload it to a community site for others to compare their day-to-day maps.

I know I spend most of my time either at home, or at work, or in between the two places. It'd be interesting to track how I variate from my normal day-to-day commute, and very fun to track my vacation I'm taking in a few weeks.

Thanks in advance!

wont work with sdk; as it cant run in the background... u would have to open it every time u want it to check ur location

Quote Originally Posted by luiz View Post
    wont work with sdk; as it cant run in the background... u would have to open it every time u want it to check ur location
    Yes, I'm aware of that, which is why I posted it here. I figure that the developers reading this forum aren't just writing for the AppStore, but also for Cydia/Installer.app.

another bad thing would be the drainage of battery; especially on iphone 3g (gps uses more batttery)