Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: used to be a sidekick owner

Default used to be a sidekick owner
    at work i always used to glance over at my phone to see if i had missed a call or something, with the sidekick this was awesome because if i had a text or voicemail, the ball would glow blue, if i didn't it was green. i work at a pizza place so i dont want to touch my phone if i dont have to... if some1 could make an app which modifies sleep mode so the screen fades in and out of blue if you have a message, that would be REALLY sweet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone KingRedmer's Avatar
    Thanks

I completely agree, even if it wasn't the whole screen, but maybe something like the in-call glow that borders the whole screen. This could be amazing. Anyone with programming skills think its possible?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

hit the home button with ur pinky and any missed info will be displayed in the center.

i was a sk user for 4 years and honestly, this is a feature i've NEVER used or cared for on the sidekick. and deffinately not a feature i miss in any way. trust me, once you get more comfortable with ur iphone you'll be checking it often anyway so this wont be needed lol

like maybe have a glowing blue ring that if you rotate you finget around it unlocks the iphone and takes you towhat ever it is for (missed call or txt) this would be an amazing fetur, i will look in to it a little for maybe it is just a matter of adding a small line of code. I will get back to you on this when i get some more information on it

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems to me like this would drain your battery like all hell. I do enjoy this feature from my blackberry which blinks red when you have a message, missed call, voice mail, etc.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

what file do i need to edit in order to change the locked/sleepmode

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    hit the home button with ur pinky and any missed info will be displayed in the center.

i was a sk user for 4 years and honestly, this is a feature i've NEVER used or cared for on the sidekick. and deffinately not a feature i miss in any way. trust me, once you get more comfortable with ur iphone you'll be checking it often anyway so this wont be needed lol

sorry i forgot to mention but my phone sits in the corner all the time because thats the only place at my job where i get service... so basically every 5 minutes i'm walking over there to hit the home button with my pinky to see if i have a text or something.. if i have a text, then i have to go wash my hands, come back and respond.... if i wash my hands and then go check to see if i have a text and i dont..... well then it just gets annoying after awhile...

Quote Originally Posted by KingRedmer
    I completely agree, even if it wasn't the whole screen, but maybe something like the in-call glow that borders the whole screen. This could be amazing. Anyone with programming skills think its possible?

That border idea is a good one because the whole screen lighting up is not needed as long as you can see it, it gets the job done. Hell even the in call glow thing at the top of the screen would be enough...

-can any1 pull this off?
    Last edited by risky business; 2008-01-29 at 06:07 PM. Reason: typo

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i know u want something developed to help, but im jus throwing suggestions to help eaze ur work til something gets created if it gets created.

but maybe u can lower ur screen brightness and jus don't lock ur screen, then u can jus walk by every now n then n see if u have any waiting msg's?

im sure someone can code something to do this, they already coded something like the sk reminder option where if u have a waiting msg it will beep like every 5 mins or something til you check it.

smirkis, thats not a bad idea..... i might do that.... it still requires walking up to the phone tho, which is out of the way. it however does not require touching the phone which is good.... it'll do untill something comes out

bump

i've been doing this the last couple of days and it works, but if it wouldn't be to much trouble i would REALLY appreciate it if someone could make this program

It's not going to be possible except for a really low brightness screen. You see, it's not the LCD display that causes the majority of the power drain, it's lighting up the backlight to the display. Setting the brightness really low will still cause much, much more battery drain than having the backlight off entirely. Also, not letting the phone go into a real "lock" state might prevent its power saving mode from even engaging. This means your phone will be dead much, much sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmc01 View Post
    like maybe have a glowing blue ring that if you rotate you finget around it unlocks the iphone and takes you towhat ever it is for (missed call or txt) this would be an amazing fetur, i will look in to it a little for maybe it is just a matter of adding a small line of code. I will get back to you on this when i get some more information on it
    bump

i like this, and if what Anpheus is saying is what happens, then maybe not have the backlight come one just the lcd, so then you could barely see like this ring that nickmc is talking about, bam walk up to it, just swoop your finger around and then automatically you goto your missed call or text... i think that would be pretty sweet, it doesnt seem that anybody has made an alternative to the screen lock though