Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wi-Fi Radar

Default Wi-Fi Radar
    Does anyone know how to make this app. it is very amazing it lets u find and join wi fi networks around u. i think it is sweet. anyone could make this app they would have very many thanks from millions of people.

Thanks

Simply turning on WiFi on the iPhone will start a search for all WiFi servers in the area. What does this program do over and above that?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Why don't you just click on wifi under settings? It tells you all the networks around you and then you can click on the one you want to connect to.

Or, does this wifi radar you talk about do something else spectacular?
    Dirty as I wanna be!

yes it searchees way farther than that

Thanks

It searches beyond the means of the iPhone's capabilities? How?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    It searches beyond the means of the iPhone's capabilities? How?
    LOL...Ditto! Even if it had a database of known wifi spots around you, your phone wouldn't be able to connect to them unless you were within the range of your phones wifi card.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

maybe it would be more specific, like it will tell you if it is wep , or a wpa.
    You know in case if they are going to waste there time to open up the laptop and fire up backtrack

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skribblz View Post
    You know in case if they are going to waste there time to open up the laptop and fire up backtrack
    Ah, I don't think millions of people would thank you for creating a WiFi cracker however.

Quote Originally Posted by skribblz View Post
    Actually the phone puts a little lock icon next to the signals that require a passcode. That way you know and don't try to connect unless you know the password.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Thanks

Looked it up "WiFi Radar is a Python/PyGTK2 utility for managing WiFi profiles.
    It enables you to scan for available networks and create profiles for your preferred networks. At boot time, running WiFi Radar will automatically scan for an available preferred network and connect to it"

iPhone does all this, built-in.

search wi fi radar on youtube it exixts

Yeah, already looked it up. The iPhone does all the same things. All it does is search for available wifi networks and then connects you. Same thing the phone does. Maybe you would like someone to just create a nice GUI of a radar with little blips on it and you'll like it better? Makes me feel like I'm 20,000 leagues under the sea hahaha. In the videos on youtube they tend to say FREE Wifi alot in them. Of course it's free because it's an open network. This program isn't a wep cracker. It's not cracking the passcode so you can use secure wifi signals. It's just finding available open networks and connecting you too it. Nothing special.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

As it's sort of the same thing, I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about Stumbler, and if it had any chance of being updated again. I find it nice to search that way (just much quicker than scrolling way over and going into settings, and gives me a bit more info). It looks like it was abandoned, but maybe someone knows something at least like it that may be available for 2.0 and beyond.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to chrism238 For This Useful Post:

MrTreehorn1 (2008-08-07)

Quote Originally Posted by chrism238 View Post
    Soon on 2.0, too, APlogger and APmapper.
    Awesome, I'm still back on 1.1.4 (waiting for a few more kinks to be worked out of the firmware), and just found APlogger. Great little app, it's good to know that it'll be around on 2.0 as well. Thanks for the heads up.

I use to use stumbler, it would tell you if it was wep or wpa. It would also show hidden wifi.

Maybe some sort of radar? if that is possible... That way you could see a very weak signal on the radar and drive to it so that you know where it is.

The iPhone has no WiFi direction-finding ability, so you could only move towards a stronger signal by trial-and-error.

wakeboardin guy,

Its nice to meet you here, before i say anything i would also like to say i am a wakeboarder too, and i find it very fun

However, Back on-topic...

An iPhone or iTouch has a built in WiFi Scanner, alot like a Netgear USB stick, that you would plug into your laptop to connect it to a wireless connection.

I reaserched the App you seem to be searching for. And it is simply an App that will scan the section around you (A limited distance obviously) and tell you about the wireless connections near you. telling you the names, And the security, That is all.

by going under Wifi settings on your iPhone, you already have this exact access there. The app is useless, it does nothing more than the iphone already can do, you dont even need a hacked one to be able to do this, just anything with a Wifi searcher.

If anything, this application could be unsafe for your iphone as it does not look "Professional". and does nothing to your phone.

You claim it increases the scanning distance, unfortunately, without taking your phone apart and replacing some bits and pieces, this is impossible.

Honestly, if youre looking for some sort of application that connects to wireless conections and somehow hacks through the password or security, then i am also waiting for an application very similar to get access pretty much anywhere without asking for a password, however i believe there is no such app... Yet.

- Flu3nt