View Poll Results: Whould you like to see the 'Listen' app working?

Voters
377. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definately

334 88.59%
  • Nice, but can do without

25 6.63%
  • No, no use for it.

9 2.39%
  • What app?

9 2.39%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Erica Sudan's Listen app

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

whats a .amr file?
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Thanks

i would be willing to donate too, this app is awesome...... post something where I can donate too please

Is there any sourcecode for the last beta?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dieselmusa For This Useful Post:

JAX (2008-05-05)

lets bring this great app back everyone, any developers out there to work on this
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

I contacted MusicDNS about using their service, but it requires providing 135 seconds from the beginning of the track, which I didn't think would make a very good replacement for Listen.app.

GraceNote still appears to have the best database for this.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

Man I want this app back so bad it was so amazing so many songs i dunno the name too that i hear and want to find out!

I seen this one app that that you could use the iPhone camera, take a picture of DVD covers, CD covers or pictures and send it to a number, then you would get an email back full of information about what you had just taken. I don't remember where I found it but I seen it, and it looked awsome. Maybe the same technology in some ways?

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

What's it called? That sounds really cool.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Quote Originally Posted by ma5t3rw1tt View Post
    I seen this one app that that you could use the iPhone camera, take a picture of DVD covers, CD covers or pictures and send it to a number, then you would get an email back full of information about what you had just taken. I don't remember where I found it but I seen it, and it looked awsome. Maybe the same technology in some ways?
    wow, that sounds pretty cool...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Quote Originally Posted by ma5t3rw1tt View Post
    if im thinking of the same thing you are its called Android Scan and like the name says it was developed for Google's Android OS - a pretty amazing app they developed here's a link to there website with a video on it Android Scan: pricing and metadata for anything with a barcode - i would love to see this on the iPhone

Off topic but...

Unfortunately the library he used for Android Scan to recognize barcodes is for Java and some tests run with the Library and iPhone camera indicate that it has the same problem mentioned with cheap webcams - insufficient focus and resolution to recognize a barcode.

Try taking a picture of a barcode with the iPhone and zoom in - you can't get a clear picture with the bars separated properly.
    Pocket-sized Development

I didn't think that Gracenote would allow just anyone to access their database, regardless of funding. AT&T has been approved to use this service, and many of their phones allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosbaughcr View Post
    I didn't think that Gracenote would allow just anyone to access their database, regardless of funding. AT&T has been approved to use this service, and many of their phones allow it.
    wasn't that the problem with the initial release was the source wouldn't allow us to use their database anymore
    if this post help click the thanks

How about we make our own database? It could be set up so that a person first plays through an entire song song in iTunes or on their iPhone/iTouch to get all the song data, then uploading the data to a server, which would grow based on the community. THis is just a concept idea, but would it work?

Yes, but lots of practical issues.
    Pocket-sized Development

Thanks

Really not sure why Brandnew70x7 posted a picture of Sudan, but great news! I just saved a bunch of my on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

No, but seriously, there is a new app out in the App Store on iTunes that does the same thing as Erica's Listen app did. It's called Shazam, and best of all, right now it's free. Hope this helps everyone out.

'My new iPhone's here, where is yours?'

Proud to be an Apple user since 1990... at the age of 4.

Yeah, not only is there Shazam, but there's another one called midomi. I love it. Also free.

You can sing the song, hum the song, type out the song, put the song through the microphone, and it'll identify it. very accurate, very nice.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by J_Marley View Post
    Really not sure why Brandnew70x7 posted a picture of Sudan, but great news! I just saved a bunch of my on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

No, but seriously, there is a new app out in the App Store on iTunes that does the same thing as Erica's Listen app did. It's called Shazam, and best of all, right now it's free. Hope this helps everyone out.

'My new iPhone's here, where is yours?'

"Erica Sudan's" Listen App

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnew70x7 View Post
    "Erica Sudan's" Listen App
    Do you have some sort of compulsive disorder which forces you to add Sudan every time you Erica's name? Erica is quite well known in the iPhone community, and believe me, needs no introduction.

I'm using Midomi as well and it's fantastic.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-07-26 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast