View Poll Results: Whould you like to see the 'Listen' app working?

Voters
377. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definately

334 88.59%
  • Nice, but can do without

25 6.63%
  • No, no use for it.

9 2.39%
  • What app?

9 2.39%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Erica Sudan's Listen app

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd be willing to throw in a few dollars provided we get a nice looking interface and a properly sized HS icon.

Then again - couldn't she set up the agreement now and sell Listen through iTunes SDK? We're paying either way aren't we?

I have only used it a few times, but if it work... sure why not?

Did anyone get to try it on 1.1.3? or is it still on Installer?

It stopped working before the 1.1.3 release, I believe...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBito View Post
    It stopped working before the 1.1.3 release, I believe...
    That is true, it stopped working quite awhile ago. I was going to see if with support we could try and resolve it, but from the looks of it, the initiative is on me alone. I will be discontinuing my efforts to revive this app at this time.

Proud to be an Apple user since 1990... at the age of 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

What I dont understand is that there are open source communities out there that do the same that like the paying version sure maybe it wont be as good but if its free then I dont understand why she doesnt do that.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iChopPryde View Post
    What I dont understand is that there are open source communities out there that do the same that like the paying version sure maybe it wont be as good but if its free then I dont understand why she doesnt do that.
    You would need a huge database of songs/files for this. Can;t really open source it since it's copyrighted material, nobody is going to make a server with this information as the risks are tremendous.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Utterly ridiculous. I know your hearts in the right place J_Marley but this amount would never be achieved. A more logical approach would be to petition Apple to include this as a feature of the iPhone. This type of licensing would be a drop in the bucket for them.
    This sounds like the most reasonable avenue to pursue. Especially since Apple is already in the music sales business (iTunes), they might already have this type of data available to them as part of a future competitive offering. Key is revenue. Help a user find a song they like, so they buy it from you...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

A while back i know i put a few suggestions in to apple about features they should add to the iPhone (Bluetooth profiles, Video!, etc.)

Why don't you put all of this effort into just getting everyone to go put a request in.

I'm sure someone around here has the link to that page.

Get 100,000 people to send a request about the same thing and I'm sure they'll put some thought into getting it!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think the only solution to this problem is somehow make the app free for everyone to download with like a 72 hour trial. Then purchase a key from Gracenote for individual unlimited usage. Maybe you can work something out with Erika and Gracenote in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Tell you what - call me up, play 5 seconds of your song, and if I can tell you the name, then just send me the six figures! Hey, I will even do it for 5 figures!
    HAHAHA +1, best post! I was thinking about saying something to this effect right after I saw the "6 figures".. Great minds think alike..
    Benz SL55 493HP+ (jammer/detector/intake/lowered/illuminatedsills)
    Jag XJR 400HP+ (jammer/detector/straightpipe)

this was an awesome app ill help
    iPhone 8G
    1.1.4 Unlocked on Rogers (ZiPhone)
    Jailbroken
    Windows XP + Mac OS X Leopard

Default yea i would do it
    yea i would totally do it

I used the listen app every single day when I first modded my phone and when I found out it was done and not going to work again it seemed crappy. I didn't know why but I guess I do now.

It also had one of the neatest appeals to people looking at modded stuff on your phone cause you can say " well my phone can listen to this song and tell you right away who it is and the track name." People were impressed by it to say the least.
    Last edited by prodigy; 2008-03-12 at 07:26 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Erica already has donate buttons on her site:

http://ericasadun.com/?p=132

FWIW I think six figures is ridiculous though.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    This sounds like the most reasonable avenue to pursue. Especially since Apple is already in the music sales business (iTunes), they might already have this type of data available to them as part of a future competitive offering. Key is revenue. Help a user find a song they like, so they buy it from you...
    Now that makes a lot of sense. It would help apple.
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

Maybe She's updating it as we speak. And then she will put it on the AppStore. Just my 2 cents.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

6 digits, geez louize!! The Devs here do not even make that money.
    Maybe a per-usage kind of charge sounds reasonable to me.

Yeah 6 figures is a long shot... we really need to get some small companies to invest and maybe we can put ads for them...

Here: http://unlock.no/trackid/

Submit an .amr-file as input, and it looks it up. Could it work?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast