Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sideways texting

Default sideways texting
    I really want to be able to turn the phone sideways and text like on Safari

Thanks

You can turn it sideways, just learn to read up>down rather than left>right
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gpmx22 View Post
    I really want to be able to turn the phone sideways and text like on Safari
    That would leave very little room for the chat window, making SMS reading less than satisfactory.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I agree with the original poster. The convenience of bigger keys (and less errors) more than makes up for any loss in view.

I should at least have the option.

It did not happen for over a year, I doubt it will ever happen. This has been requested a million times. Nobody made it possible so far.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I agree with the original poster. The convenience of bigger keys (and less errors) more than makes up for any loss in view.

I should at least have the option.
    Should you? Says who?
    To live, you have to lie

and wondering, would someone with the knowledge of apples sdk even be able to mod the SMS application already provided? or would a whole new program have to be coded?

Nope, for it to be on the AppStore, it has to be an application, not a modification. Now if someone were to release it on Cydia or Installer it could be a mod, but otherwise it would have to be a whole different app.

Thanks

I actually have an easier time in vertical mode typing with my two thumbs. But the wide keyboard is nice

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

if your not on 2.0 install russian keybord then turn it off in setting's it makes it vibrate every time you press a key making your mind think keys are there yould be suprised how fast you can type with it
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

This has been asked for a million and one times, it's not going to happen, at least not for a while.
    I've wanted this realllyyy bad too, but apple just must think for some reason this is a bad idea, because if it was going to happen, honestly I think it wouldve happened in one of the small updates, probably 1.1.3, with the squiggly icons.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Should you? Says who?
    Says me, the guy with a phone that does some pretty incredible things, yet is missing some small conveniences (i.e. this thread).

Post something productive next time...this is where people can come to request apps remember -- and thats what i was doing.

I would pay money for an app that let me txt in landscape! In fact I would rather the iphone be in landscape 24/7, springboard n everything!! Like it did in the mockup 3d Iphone 3G on youtube

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Says me, the guy with a phone that does some pretty incredible things, yet is missing some small conveniences (i.e. this thread).

Post something productive next time...this is where people can come to request apps remember -- and thats what i was doing.
    This thread isn't productive. This has been talked about since you were still in diapers, kid.
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    This thread isn't productive. This has been talked about since you were still in diapers, kid.

The only thing unproductive about this thread are your ridiculous posts. I am hardly a kid, just new to the iphone. If people do not show interest in these apps on forums like this, then it is less likely useful apps will be developed.

If this has been talked about before, then skip over it. Do not post if you have nothing to add -- and right now, you are only adding little immature style hater posts. GTFO.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

congradulation. ANOTHER person who cant use the search bar.

THREAD #67,354 on this subject.

Even if it's an old topic, I would still like to chime in and say I agree with the other poster that said they would pay money for something like this. Typing in landscape is WAY easier and fun to me, I wouldn't mind losing space up top where the conversation is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone flrdotcom's Avatar
    Thanks

landscape SMS will only allow enough room for you to see what your texting. Most likely not even 2 lines worth.

But if it was done in a way where we could flip back to portrait mode to see the conversation, that would be AWESOME.